Help with Pioneer AV Receiver VSX 522, ONLY bass playing?

D

desperado91z

Audiophyte
Hey all, I'm completely new to the forum, I've signed up to ask for help with my home theater system. I checked to see if anybody else had had a similar problem before posting, but it seems most are no BASS or no sound at all playing.

In my case, the bass is playing fine, but no sound is coming from any other speakers. No-one in my family is coming forward about having interfered with the hardware or controller, so how this happened is a complete mystery. I have reset the receiver to the factory default settings but this changed nothing. I suspect the wires have been yanked out of the speakers (a stack of DVDs had fallen onto the wires connecting them behind the entertainment unit), but I'm too inexperienced to confirm this visually, and my attempts to ease them back in were fruitless.

The receiver model is as stated in the title, Pioneer Receiver VSX 522. I can provide model numbers for the speakers or any other details necessary.

Thanks in advance for your help

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The sub operates separately from the amplifiers running your speakers. You need to check the speaker connections if they have been affected by the crashing of the dvds into the wiring. You may have shorted the amp or perhaps simply yanked them out. This should have been checked prior to using a reset as a solution really....it should be simple to confirm visually if the wires are connected but I don't know what you mean by "attempts to ease them back in were fruitless" even means....but sounds like you need to get in back of the avr and do some checking/connecting next....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis