Karaoke with home theater setup

H

holyxiaoxin

Audiophyte
I am planning on getting B&W 685 S2 with HSU VTF-1 MK2. I will use it mostly for 80% movies and 20% music. I intend to use it occasionally for karaoke too. Many people were concerned about the clipping levels that human voice will produce to harm the speakers. How would I solve this problem? Do I use an AVR to regulate the sound? Or should I get speakers that would play well for movies music and karaoke?

Thanks for the inputs.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Personally, I'd get a separate system for karaoke. You don't need the ultimate in fidelity there.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
It's more expensive to replace your main system when you fry the speakers.

J

Jeffrey S. Albaugh

Audioholic
I have a Company called Mr. Hookup Custom A/V Systems. We have installed Karaoke Systems both Residentially & Commercially. In my HT System, I have Karaoke built into my 10.2 System, that works perfectly. First, I will explain to you how my system works. It may or may not be right for you.
All of my A/V System is separates. JVC Pro HD2K + Sys (Sys means I have the matching Faroudja processor). I have ba 120" wall mounted screen. My Surround Processor is an Integra 40.3. My main HT Amp is an ADA 8 channel rack mounted, fan cooled 8 channels X 150 watts PTM-8150. My Blu Ray player is a Samsung BD-5000. I have had it upgraded several times, and also the firmware. I love it since, not only does it do Blu Ray, but it also plays HD DVD's.My Karaoke Player is a VocoPro. I really love it. Its the 2nd one that I bought. In my system, I have 2 Equalizers; one for the Karaoke; one for the Surround Sound System.

My Karaoke player is very special. Here is why: Unlike most Karaoke players out there, mine has Digital Audio output for the music. It also has analog output for the vocals. Therefore, I use a separate amplifier for the vocals (microphones are always analog (L + R audio)
I use two mikes. One is a wireless mike with dual diversity, a Shure head. The other mike is a wired Mike on a stand (but they are both on a stand.
I have tweaked this system to the Nth degree. It sounds friggin' awesome; so I have been told. I have lots more equipment here, but not related to the Karaoke System. The entire system plays in full 10.2 Audio, and shows on my 120" screen and a Samsung 37" TV. We have Karaoke parties here from time to time. I have 100 + Karaoke discs for tons of bands such as the Beatles, U2, The Doors, Tom Petty, and on and on. Fpr a Karaoke Party, just add your favorite wine and be prepared to have a great time.

The important part of the above for you is that the music portion is in full 10.2 surround, and the Vocals punch thru on two separate speakers (one in the front of the room, one in the rear. The music blends fantastically between the music & the Vocals. There are also height channels and 2 HSU tube Subwoofers with 12" woofers. They are powered by a matching 500 watt, rack mounted amp, fan cooled: HSU TNN-1220's. I hope this helps. If not ask me about a different way.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have a Company called Mr. Hookup Custom A/V Systems. We have installed Karaoke Systems both Residentially & Commercially. In my HT System, I have Karaoke built into my 10.2 System, that works perfectly. First, I will explain to you how my system works. It may or may not be right for you.
All of my A/V System is separates. JVC Pro HD2K + Sys (Sys means I have the matching Faroudja processor). I have ba 120" wall mounted screen. My Surround Processor is an Integra 40.3. My main HT Amp is an ADA 8 channel rack mounted, fan cooled 8 channels X 150 watts PTM-8150. My Blu Ray player is a Samsung BD-5000. I have had it upgraded several times, and also the firmware. I love it since, not only does it do Blu Ray, but it also plays HD DVD's.My Karaoke Player is a VocoPro. I really love it. Its the 2nd one that I bought. In my system, I have 2 Equalizers; one for the Karaoke; one for the Surround Sound System.

My Karaoke player is very special. Here is why: Unlike most Karaoke players out there, mine has Digital Audio output for the music. It also has analog output for the vocals. Therefore, I use a separate amplifier for the vocals (microphones are always analog (L + R audio)
I use two mikes. One is a wireless mike with dual diversity, a Shure head. The other mike is a wired Mike on a stand (but they are both on a stand.
I have tweaked this system to the Nth degree. It sounds friggin' awesome; so I have been told. I have lots more equipment here, but not related to the Karaoke System. The entire system plays in full 10.2 Audio, and shows on my 120" screen and a Samsung 37" TV. We have Karaoke parties here from time to time. I have 100 + Karaoke discs for tons of bands such as the Beatles, U2, The Doors, Tom Petty, and on and on. Fpr a Karaoke Party, just add your favorite wine and be prepared to have a great time.

The important part of the above for you is that the music portion is in full 10.2 surround, and the Vocals punch thru on two separate speakers (one in the front of the room, one in the rear. The music blends fantastically between the music & the Vocals. There are also height channels and 2 HSU tube Subwoofers with 12" woofers. They are powered by a matching 500 watt, rack mounted amp, fan cooled: HSU TNN-1220's. I hope this helps. If not ask me about a different way.
Perhaps some usefull information there but it is over a year old topic already. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis