Want a good laugh! Our future, the Democratic Internet.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
We do have one big tube to place most of todays internet content. It's called a sewer. :D

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
That's the same place that Trump keeps trying to crawl out of but keeps slipping back in.
Hillary is still in the sewer, along with all her supporters.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
You know, Hillary, in spite of her faults, reminds me quite a bit of George H.W. Bush. They both had an extensive background in foreign relations -- Bush as representative in NATO and later as CIA director, and Clinton as Secretary of State. They both promote global diplomacy, Bush in convincing Gorbachev to allow the reunified Germany to determine their own destiny as a part of NATO or of Warsaw and his intolerance of Iraq's annexing Kuwait; and Clinton in professing a need to partner with Muslim moderates to combat ISIS. Neither shows any hesitation in using military force when needed -- Bush in Kuwait and Hillary's promotion of a no-fly zone over Syria. They're both in favor of a balanced budget, with Bush pushing through the budget in his last months in office largely bringing about the recovery for which Bill Clinton claims credit; and Clinton expressing exactly how all her social programs are going to be paid for. Granted, some of these comparisons are somewhat tenuous. But viewed in contrast to Trump's conspicuously vague trickle-down economic plan and "bomb the sh!t out of 'em" foreign policy, it's not difficult to tell which candidate has the appropriate experience, subtlety, and temperament to handle the responsibilities of the office.

So Hillary has a tendency to massage and embellish facts to suit her purposes. What politician doesn't? Ambition for the highest offices of the land has always required a bit of moral flexibility to achieve. "Crooked Hillary" isn't a label that holds much meaning for me, because it can be applied to every serious Presidential candidate for our entire history as far as I'm aware. When's the last time a President was elected who didn't manipulate public perception to earn votes? FDR's 2nd, 3rd and 4th terms? Even he lied about his paralysis.

I've got to say that I'm not excited about voting for Hillary. She's not a great orator. She doesn't inspire. I don't believe she has a panacea to offer the country to bring us out of our stagnant wages and historical levels of income inequality. Even if she did, she would be obstructed by Congress. Ultimately, voting for her feels a bit like going to the dentist. I'd much rather go to the dentist than have my teeth rot and fall out. So she will get my vote.

@MR.MAGOO Don't use the "disagree" rating on people's opinions. That's horrible form. Use it if someone says exotic cables improve sound, or a 384/48 DAC has clearly audible differences from one that's 192/24 -- something for which you can cite actual science to rebut. Dinging 3db's reputation for offering an opposing political view is not an appropriate use of the rating. It's sort of like punching someone in the face to prove you're right.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I took no offence to Mr. Magoo's dislike. I don't like either candidate that the US has running but for the greater cause of peace and brotherhood, Trump is the least suitable candidate of the two. He will single handedly undo all the political alliances that past presidents worked so hard to establish and isolate the US from the rest of the world.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis