highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
OK, but how would he get as much attention if he doesn't do this at a game?

I think it's an amazingly selfless act by someone making $19 Million dollars this year, made $20 Million last year and lives in the house below. I salute him for risking life and limb for others.

Oh, wait, all he did was sit there as his form of protest. That'll show 'em! :D

Attachments

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I would bet that Colin has never voted, doesn't know any of his city's elected officials, and has never sat down with someone to discuss his beliefs. To me it's disgusting that he would single out law enforcement as his source of oppression.

highfigh

highfigh

I would bet that Colin has never voted, doesn't know any of his city's elected officials, and has never sat down with someone to discuss his beliefs. To me it's disgusting that he would single out law enforcement as his source of oppression.
Well, the media have been dumping on the police for a long time and when Obama jumps to the "The officer acted stupidly" bus without knowing the facts (the Louis Gates incident that spawned 'The Beer Summit', this is what we get. Also, his conversion to Islam baffles me- I would like to have been a fly on the wall when he was discussing the merits of that with anyone who may have influenced his decision.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I'm guessing his actions will have the same effect as Ryan Lochte's. NFL fans love that kind of stuff.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
This just in, there's people in the United States (and the rest of the world) who are quite possibly dumb as a box of rocks.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
All this fuss when far worse is said by Trump as a presidential candidate....

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
All this fuss when far worse is said by Trump as a presidential candidate....
That may well be but its like saying people shouldn't be upset over the whole VW thing because there are far more egregious acts that have been committed in the world.

The thing is football is a team sport and when one starts taking admittedly polarizing stands, it tends to bring bad blood and disharmony into the clubhouse. CK, with the exception of one Super Bowl appearance has been on a steady decline. Certainly he's made a ton of money but sports is rife with folks who have made big bucks only to see it vanish. Certainly there's abuse in police and while not looking to justify it, there's abuse in every profession because they all attract their own flavor of sicko's.

What I find ironic Is that Kaepernick calls out White America for perceived racism against Black America, when it was his Black father that deserted him and it was White parents that raised him.

highfigh

highfigh

That may well be but its like saying people shouldn't be upset over the whole VW thing because there are far more egregious acts that have been committed in the world.

The thing is football is a team sport and when one starts taking admittedly polarizing stands, it tends to bring bad blood and disharmony into the clubhouse. CK, with the exception of one Super Bowl appearance has been on a steady decline. Certainly he's made a ton of money but sports is rife with folks who have made big bucks only to see it vanish. Certainly there's abuse in police and while not looking to justify it, there's abuse in every profession because they all attract their own flavor of sicko's.

What I find ironic Is that Kaepernick calls out White America for perceived racism against Black America, when it was his Black father that deserted him and it was White parents that raised him.
I'm still trying to understand why he wears a shirt with Fidel Castro on it when he says the US is a bad place. I expect him to wear a Che Guevara shirt next, in a show of respect for someone whose history is completely unknown to, or ignored by, the people who revere him.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Reminds me a while back when the 'cool' thing to do on Facebook was to stand on the flag. Those individuals didn't get nearly as much backlash as colin. Probably because they weren't rich and famous. To me that was more disrespectful then not not standing.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
It's fascinating how the left supports him and the right hates him.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
It's fascinating how the left supports him and the right hates him.
Well, the Whitehouse wasn't too keen on what he did. From a business POV, what he did was divisive and did nothing to further or build team harmony. I don't know about others but I watch sports or movies or listen to recording artists for the enjoyment. When they start taking polarizing stands, and mind you it is their right, it tends to ruin the experience for me.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Well, the Whitehouse wasn't too keen on what he did. From a business POV, what he did was divisive and did nothing to further or build team harmony. I don't know about others but I watch sports or movies or listen to recording artists for the enjoyment. When they start taking polarizing stands, and mind you it is their right, it tends to ruin the experience for me.
The fact that what a professional athlete says and does has any weight at all is all together screwed up. A good number of guest speakers at the DNC were celebrities. Should these people have a right to speak their mind? You bet your bottom they do, it's their right to do so. The real question is what significance should we as Americans place on what celebrities and professional athletes say and do. It's a sad day indeed when these people are our role models.

highfigh

highfigh

The fact that what a professional athlete says and does has any weight at all is all together screwed up. A good number of guest speakers at the DNC were celebrities. Should these people have a right to speak their mind? You bet your bottom they do, it's their right to do so. The real question is what significance should we as Americans place on what celebrities and professional athletes say and do. It's a sad day indeed when these people are our role models.
Charles Barkley said athletes shouldn't be role models and people almost wanted him dead- his point flew over their heads.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Charles Barkley said athletes shouldn't be role models and people almost wanted him dead- his point flew over their heads.
It flew over my head, explain to me like I'm 5 years old.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Not a good analogy IMO. I was simply commenting how a guy sits down in a football game and there's general outrage. Trump says poop like this constantly and we ignore it. That's as deep as my comment gets.

Football is a national distraction, for sure. CK isn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier....kinda like Trump in that regard, but CK ain't running for president, either. I prefer CK's form of racism to Trump's in any case....

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
It flew over my head, explain to me like I'm 5 years old.
A long time ago, Barkley said he's paid to play basketball and not to be a role model. After all, what does he know about how you should raise your kids. Like anything else that drew comments pro and con. The thing is, personalities don't necessarily make a conscious decision to be role models. It's the public that turns them into one and being human not everything is worthy of being emulated.

There is a thought that personalities that have a following, especially if they're wealthy have an obligation to give back to society. On a large scale you see this with someone like Lebron James. Myself, I see such behavior even on a far smaller scale as noble. Not the silly charities that many set up to make themselves look good but those who personally interact with people looking to make their lives a little brighter are to be commended.

What CK did is his right. It's also the right for women to go topless in NYC. It's your right to get all tatted up on your face. I would be very dismayed were my granddaughter decide to that. CK has disrupted the Team chemistry. IMO, he can no longer effectively lead. Couple with his salary and declining performance, as an owner I'd be looking for,the best way to move him to repair things. He's no Montana or Jerry Rice. He's beloved only to the far left which could give two shits about him and only how his actions can be exploited to advance their perception.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis