Looking for bookshelf speaker to TV mounting brackets.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Has anyone seen a set of brackets for sale made to attach full sized bookshelf speakers to a flat screen TV? For various reasons, I want to use my Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE without stands and without wall mounting. I've done some searching but I'm not seeing anything...I don't really feel like fabricating them.

TIA

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
?

Seems to me that attaching speakers directly to a tv would remove the advantage of stereo separation, and you'd be better off with a sound bar, like the Atlantic Technology offering at Outlaw Audio for example.

As far as brackets go, the only thing I'm aware of is a center stage bracket.

What did you have in mind for fabrication? Think you could telescope mounts far enough out to restore stereo separation? Maybe you could use wall mount brackets, but screw them to a long board attached to your tv's mount. Or something.

Sorry, I'm probably not saying anything you haven't already thought of.

How come you're avoiding wall mounts anyway? Is it the holes in walls voiding a security deposit thing, or the wires hanging down thing, or something else?

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
If you absolutely must....

Use the VESA bolt pattern on the back of the TV to attach a board, then attach to that a pair of wall mounts to hold the speakers.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Has anyone seen a set of brackets for sale made to attach full sized bookshelf speakers to a flat screen TV? For various reasons, I want to use my Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE without stands and without wall mounting. I've done some searching but I'm not seeing anything...I don't really feel like fabricating them.

TIA
I would seriously doubt that a TV chassis strong enough for that plan. To be frank, this is one of the worst ideas I have heard of for some time.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I have to agree. I own those same speakers, they weigh 14 pounds (6.3kg) each. Combine that with whatever mounting system to be used and it's a lot of weight. Any stand provided with the TV by the manufacturer is designed to hold the TV and nothing else. Perhaps there's a little bit of "over-engineering" in some, but I doubt it.

Aside from the mechanical limitations, being so close together and out on a Mickey-Moused mount should effectively make an "OK" speaker sound like utter crap.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
LOL... so, no. You haven't seen something like this for sale.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Those are a good off the shelf solution. I would just hope the 28 pounds of speakers plus the weight of the bracket don't collapse the factory stand if that's what it's sitting on.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Forgive the odd request but, I have given thought to the potential issues. My thought process is that if a company engineered such a product and had specifications listed (or possibly had a customer service department that could answer some questions) it/they would indicate whether it would be a suitable product or not. I understand the issues of weight and structural integrity/stability.

Just wondering if such a product existed on the market.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
?

Seems to me that attaching speakers directly to a tv would remove the advantage of stereo separation, and you'd be better off with a sound bar, like the Atlantic Technology offering at Outlaw Audio for example.

As far as brackets go, the only thing I'm aware of is a center stage bracket.

What did you have in mind for fabrication? Think you could telescope mounts far enough out to restore stereo separation? Maybe you could use wall mount brackets, but screw them to a long board attached to your tv's mount. Or something.

Sorry, I'm probably not saying anything you haven't already thought of.

How come you're avoiding wall mounts anyway? Is it the holes in walls voiding a security deposit thing, or the wires hanging down thing, or something else?
I can smell a patent coming. You're sitting on a gold mine SBF1!

Edit: Just found this. Edit 2: And this.

Thanks for looking rojo, but I don't think those mounts are suitable and I have the speakers so I'd prefer to avoid a soundbar. (I haven't heard a reasonably priced one that sounds decent.):(:)

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for looking rojo, but I don't think those mounts are suitable and I have the speakers so I'd prefer to avoid a soundbar. (I haven't heard a reasonably priced one that sounds decent.):(:)
Are you wall mounting your TV or stand mounting it?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I would just wallmount those speakers to be safe, or get stands for them. Like already mentioned TV won't handle the added weight really well.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Forgive the odd request but, I have given thought to the potential issues. My thought process is that if a company engineered such a product and had specifications listed (or possibly had a customer service department that could answer some questions) it/they would indicate whether it would be a suitable product or not. I understand the issues of weight and structural integrity/stability.

Hey Doug, I hope this wasn't posted already.... looks like a possibility:
http://www.sanus.com/en_US/products/mounts/sa405/
Most seem to be sound bar mounts. Perhaps they're something you could adapt to fit?

Last edited:
majorloser

majorloser

You thought about something ???

The world truly is coming to an end.

J

Jeffrey S. Albaugh

Audioholic

TIA
IMHO, do not attach those speakers to a TV mount. Not a good idea. Possible interactions between the TV & speakers. You also cut down on the separation of your front speakers. Also, if you are doing Surround Sound, where the hell would you place the Center Channel Speaker? You need more separation. Why not consider In Wall or In Ceiling Speakers? Much better.

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
I realize the response is late but it sounds like a experiment that a TV stand hasn't been designed for...YET...but you may be the one that can influence a new design;)...Can you keep us posted?

J

Jeffrey S. Albaugh

Audioholic
IMHO, This is just not a good idea. hence no one makes it (for good reason). Speakers need wider separation, and where would you put a Center Channel Speaker? Depending on the size & weight of the speakers, it could put a strain on the weight handling of your TV mount. Why not In Wall/ In ceiling Speakers? You will be much happier with the sound.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis