Need help setting up new home theater system

J

JamesL

Audiophyte
I am relatively new to the home theater system setup process.

I was finally able to figure out how to get my TV sound to play through my sound system, but now I am struggling with how to connect my other devices while keeping them all playing through my sound system.

I have a VIZIO D43-C1 HDTV with 2 HDMI inputs. To that I have HDMI 1 connected to my Cisco DVR Set Top Cable Box. I have HDMI 2 (ARC) connected to my Sony BVD-E3100 Blu-Ray / 5.1 Home Theater System. Both of these have audio done through the Home Theater Surround Sound speakers.

I want to ADD my XBox 360 into the mix while having everything play through the Home Theater System (Using the ARC HDMI). I also am going to connect up a WII system, but that will be connected using the Component connections on the TV.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
James

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
You need to use the Sony BVD thing to tie the system together and you will want to use its manual to do that. If the Sony is not up the the task of what you are trying to do, than it is time to get a real AVR.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
It looks like the Xbox360 as SPDIFF cable (optical out) which you can use to get the audio to the Sony. Use Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cable to connect it to the Vizio. That should work.

ShadyJ is correct however. You will at one point have to spend money on an AVR and some speakers if you plan on growing the number of components that you want to connect to it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis