No video Yamaha RX-V563

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have also tried Phillips (sp?) and that does not work either. I have HDMI cables from Monoprice.com, and one of my thoughts is that could it be possible that these cables are shorting out the HDMI board? I tried these first before I tried the Phillips so it could have been fried before the Phillips got plugged in.

I think I am going to bring my Phillips cables with me and try out another at the store. If it works, then I will try the Phillips first. Would that make sense?
I would bring a couple of your units that output HDMI. Bring all your HDMI cables. If everything works in the store with your receiver cables and a couple of your devices, then it's new TV time. Make sure you bring the cable that goes to your TV. I mean all your cables.

B

becu55

Enthusiast
Well our TV is new.
Anyway
Took it to Best Buy, somehow the guy did used the same way of setting it up as I did and got it to work. Brought it home and it now works. I just wish I knew how he did that.

Another problem I have is that I need to output 5.1 through this 7.1 receiver. Is there a setting that I need to change or do I just plug the rear speakers into the rear surround inputs and leave the R and L speaker inputs empty? Thanks.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Another problem I have is that I need to output 5.1 through this 7.1 receiver. Is there a setting that I need to change or do I just plug the rear speakers into the rear surround inputs and leave the R and L speaker inputs empty? Thanks.
You connect the speakers to the front, center, and surrounds (not back or rear surrounds), and in the setup menu indicate which ones are connected. The receiver will automatically use 5.1 if there are 5.1 speakers. This is also something that the auto setup should figure out on its own.

J

JameZ

Audiophyte
Not Fair!!! Lol

Well our TV is new.
Anyway
Took it to Best Buy, somehow the guy did used the same way of setting it up as I did and got it to work. Brought it home and it now works. I just wish I knew how he did that.

I have been trying to solve the same issue you had for almost a year now and all I could do to "fix" in was lower my PS3 and my DVD to 1080i, which sucks. You want true HD 1080p and spend every penny you got for TV and HDMI and Reciver and all you get is "Semi-trueHD"

I NEED to know what this guy did to fix it. Any ideas anyone???

R

Robert-Thomas Duclersaint

Audiophyte
Help, I'm at my wit's end & can't afford to but another receiver

So I am having the same issue (sound but no pic) through Yamaha Rx-V563. When I plug cable box and PS4 directly into my Samsung works just fine.

PS4 had pic and sound earlier today but now no pic.

What I've done so far, did a factory reset, plugged PS4 back in and sound but pic came in and out, TV says no signal.

Was wondering should I buy a HDMI signal booster? I'm using 25 ft of HDMI from receiver to TV-but then again, when I use the same length HDMI directly to TV it worked.

I read the post and support given to the other user and I'm hoping someone can help me. I've spent the last 9 hours trying to get PS4 back through receiver with no luck.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Help, I'm at my wit's end & can't afford to but another receiver

So I am having the same issue (sound but no pic) through Yamaha Rx-V563. When I plug cable box and PS4 directly into my Samsung works just fine.

PS4 had pic and sound earlier today but now no pic.

What I've done so far, did a factory reset, plugged PS4 back in and sound but pic came in and out, TV says no signal.

Was wondering should I buy a HDMI signal booster? I'm using 25 ft of HDMI from receiver to TV-but then again, when I use the same length HDMI directly to TV it worked.

I read the post and support given to the other user and I'm hoping someone can help me. I've spent the last 9 hours trying to get PS4 back through receiver with no luck.
For a test, I would move the receiver close to the TV and see if you get a picture using a shorter cable. If you get no picture then an HDMI booster is a waste of time. If you get a picture a booster might help you.

If you get no picture then I'm afraid it is new receiver time. The HDMI was never too stable on those Yamaha receivers as you can see from this thread. Your receiver is at the end of its expected life in any case.

R

Robert-Thomas Duclersaint

Audiophyte
For a test, I would move the receiver close to the TV and see if you get a picture using a shorter cable. If you get no picture then an HDMI booster is a waste of time. If you get a picture a booster might help you.

If you get no picture then I'm afraid it is new receiver time. The HDMI was never too stable on those Yamaha receivers as you can see from this thread. Your receiver is at the end of its expected life in any case.
I was afraid that it might be. I got the PS4 to work on a different HDMI signal for now until I'm in the position to get another receiver.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis