What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Costco membership. Have been a BJ's customer for years. Costco just built a new store near us and we checked it out yesterday. Very impressed. More selection, comparable prices, clean and they actually have employees. Have never seen a "clerk" in BJ's. Costco has a bunch walking around and they all seem friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. And their meat selection is amazing! They even have "Prime" beef at prices comparable to grocery store "Choice". Looking forward to shopping there.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Costco membership. Have been a BJ's customer for years. Costco just built a new store near us and we checked it out yesterday. Very impressed. More selection, comparable prices, clean and they actually have employees. Have never seen a "clerk" in BJ's. Costco has a bunch walking around and they all seem friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. And their meat selection is amazing! They even have "Prime" beef at prices comparable to grocery store "Choice". Looking forward to shopping there.
Being a Costco member i have to say ..... "Stay the hell away!!! They'll suck the greenbacks out of your wallet faster than you can blink!!" :oops: The good news is they carry quality stuff. However, their prices on electronics are not the greatest. Shop around other places in electronics before wandering in their. TV prices are generally good.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Being a Costco member i have to say ..... "Stay the hell away!!! They'll suck the greenbacks out of your wallet faster than you can blink!!" :oops: The good news is they carry quality stuff. However, their prices on electronics are not the greatest. Shop around other places in electronics before wandering in their. TV prices are generally good.
We used to call BJ's "The Hundred Dollar Store". No longer appropriate. Last week we went in there and spent $350. And Costco looks even better. I could have easily spent $300 there yesterday just on meat and baked goods. It's a good thing we have 2 freezers and an extra fridge in the garage.

But thanks for the advice on electronics. Couldn't help but look at the TVs as we walked by. Was surprised that the big Visio's had the sharpest pictures by far. Noticed the same thing at BJs last week. Never would have even considered Visio for a major TV. Wonder if they intentionally set them up that way in the stores for more sales.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
My sister had 17 years at BJ's as a buyer and I had free membership. I spent about $100 there once. Went there a total of three times. The other two times I walked out with two big bottles of shampoo for about $7 each time. Restraint...it is a word and I know it well. ;)

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
My Black & Decker Dust Buster isn't holding a charge so I replaced it with this.

IMG_0728.JPG

Natrix

Natrix

Junior Audioholic
I have been buying the prime beef from Costco for awhile now and I'll pass on a word of caution: When the meat is good it's great and as good or even better than you can get in any restaurant, but they like to stick one $hit steak in the package that is tough and gristly. We have another grocery store in the area that charge a little more for prime and I've had so many $hit steaks from Costco that I've been buying there. I hope your experience with Costco prime doesn't mirror mine.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

It's here! :cool:Yippee, Hooray, etc. this thing sounds incredible! Dialed in 12 o' clock WHOA LOUD! Boost 1 and 2 is nice and to my ears really brings out the music. :) I can't believe this thing is only 11 bucks.:eek: EDIT: Will post some pics tonight on my SETUP thread. Highly recommend getting one. :D If you buy this from a brand name with case it will cost over $100 for sure.

Last edited:
MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

IMG_0729.JPG

Julie - MGM, 1956, Doris Day, Louis Jourdan
Creator - Kings Road, 1985, Peter O'Toole, Mariel Hemingway, Vincent Spano
Trading Places - Paramount, 1983, Dan Aykroyd, Eddie Murphy, Ralph Bellamy, Don Ameche, Denholm Elliot
Day-Time Wife - 20th Century Fox, 1939, Tyrone Power, Linda Darnell
Johnny Apollo - 20th Century Fox, 1940, Tyrone Power, Dorothy Lamour
CD/Blu-ray audio, Roger Waters, Amused to Death

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I have been buying the prime beef from Costco for awhile now... but they like to stick one $hit steak in the package that is tough and gristly.
Still haven't tried yet, but noticed the price per lb of the pre-cut packages are pretty high. Not high compared to other Prime, but high compared to Choice. However, the price/lb of a whole ribeye is cheap! Around $10.50/lb. About half the price of individual steaks. That's really cheap for Prime. If/when I try it, that's the way I'll go.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Fan fell and broke the other day. I ordered a tiny fan Honeywell HT-900 TurboForce for cheap
and surprise it does a good job:

cel4145

cel4145

Audioholic
Just got a Chromecast Audio today. Testing it in a bedroom setup with JBL LSR305s. Works great for streaming. I also ordered some Emotiva Airmotiv 5s today. I want to compare them with the 305s and will return the pair I like the least.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Just got a Chromecast Audio today. Testing it in a bedroom setup with JBL LSR305s. Works great for streaming. I also ordered some Emotiva Airmotiv 5s today. I want to compare them with the 305s and will return the pair I like the least.
ping me once you complete your comparison of both. Make sure to match sound level with spl meter.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Fan fell and broke the other day. I ordered a tiny fan Honeywell HT-900 TurboForce for cheap
and surprise it does a good job:
Is this fan quiet?

This I bought several months ago, USB powered, looks dangerous but I can stop it with a finger without getting it chopped off!

IMG_0734.JPG

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

It's here! :cool:Yippee, Hooray, etc. this thing sounds incredible! Dialed in 12 o' clock WHOA LOUD! Boost 1 and 2 is nice and to my ears really brings out the music. :) I can't believe this thing is only 11 bucks.:eek: EDIT: Will post some pics tonight on my SETUP thread. Highly recommend getting one. :D If you buy this from a brand name with case it will cost over $100 for sure.
What speakers are you driving?
Does it have a power rating?
Can you really get an amp powerful enough to drive speakers loudly and cleanly for $11?!?

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I can stop it with a finger without getting it chopped off!
Try sharpening the blade edges with a fine file. That should help some. If still not satisfactory, you can attach some old fashioned razor blades to the fan blades. Guaranteed to improve performance.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
What speakers are you driving?
Does it have a power rating?
Can you really get an amp powerful enough to drive speakers loudly and cleanly for $11?!?
Yes KEW It's powerful If you look at my setup thread you can see the manual and more pics. I'm getting about 70 watts per channel cleanly because I'm using a lower power adapter 32v 5a or the watts would be higher. :) HVL-1's are the speakers I'm using with my Dayton 1200. I think you would approve of this little amp for sure.

noflers

noflers

Junior Audioholic
I've been away a few months now, but with good cause. Racing, of course...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis