Marcus Oakley's "Best Recommendation" Questions

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You could become the guy who writes up the thread on those speakers after you in home demo all of them? :)

You're going to have to be more specific than just brand to see what you're considering, though. Which models/sets are you trying to compare? What's your budget?

FWIW my brother was a fan back in the day when he lived near them, has had a set of floorstanders from some point in the early 80s I think....they're still chugging along. Nice speakers.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi i am about to setup a 11.2 system comprising of a denon 6200w amp with a emotiva xpa3

my question is what cable do i need to connect the denon 6200w to the emotiva xpa3 to power the front speakers and the centre all other speakers connected to the denon 6200w also what settings do i need to enable between the 2 amps to get full 11.2 up and running and what connecters do i need to use to connect the cable between the 2 amps thanks

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It does not have XLR so you will need to use analog RCA cables.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yep rca cables seem to be what you need. The pre-outs should be active full time and when you run Audyssey it will sort out levels/delays between the speakers on the external amp vs internal amp. In the Denon amp assign use the 11.1 setting.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

i have just bought the denon x6200w with a roger sound labs cg24 5.2 speaker package and 2 addittional cg4s as extra surrounds witch will be connected to a emotiva xpa3 to power the main fronts and centre

my question is in your opionons what would be the best in ceiling atmos/dts x/ 3d aurora speakers to use with this setup thanks

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
i have just bought 2 speedwoofer 10 subs from america i want to change the power cords on them to a ps audio ac-12 power cord people are saying they improve the subs performance greatly

my question is do i need the uk plug version or the american version or the european version thanks

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

i have the denon x6200w and a emotiva xpa3 amp i want to try and run 9.2.6 would it be possible if so how would i set it up what speakers to what connectors thanks

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
i have just bought 2 speedwoofer 10 subs from america i want to change the power cords on them to a ps audio ac-12 power cord people are saying they improve the subs performance greatly

my question is do i need the uk plug version or the american version or the european version thanks
You will need to change the voltage selector from 110 to 230 volts. You also need to change the fuse from 8 amp to 4 amp. Failure to do this will make your warranty invalid. That is all in you manual.

I would personally change the power cord to one with the UK MK plug on it. UK plugs are far superior in terms of safety to any other jurisdiction in the world. I would not use an adapter, they are for low power devices.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

... i want to change the power cords on them to a ps audio ac-12 power cord people are saying they improve the subs performance greatly
Unfortunately those people are talking nonsense. Good thing you stopped in and asking first.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

hi

i have the denon x6200w and a emotiva xpa3 amp i want to try and run 9.2.6 would it be possible if so how would i set it up what speakers to what connectors thanks
I seriously doubt it for home setup. Atmos comes with 4 max, I believe.
But, others might know more.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I would take this as a lesson to never buy a PS Audio product for their participation in such foolishness, as well as the people who recommended such nonsense.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi all

im about to setup a denon x6200w with a roger sound labs cg24s 5.2 speaker package

would the in ceiling atmos monitor audio ct265 match well sonically with the rest of the system thanks

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi all i have just bought denon x6200w and cg24 roger sound labs 5.2 speaker package and a emotiva xpa3 amp

my question is i want to connect the denon to the emotiva can anybody recommend a good quality rca cable i dont want a cheap cable as you get static that does and notice how i said does improve sound quality

i will be connecting the main fronts to the emotiva amp and centre
the surround cg4s will be connected to the denon and the additional surrounds to the denon and the 4 ceiling speakers and 2 subs will be connected to the denon as well i will be using blue jeans speaker cable mediabridge subwoofer cables

also how many cables do i need thanks

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Order the analog cables while you are at Bluejeans. Cost vs. quality, they are the best analog interconnects I've used. Only ones I buy now. Can't tell you how many cables because that will depend on what you are hooking up. For the XPA-3, you only need 3.

Static should only come from cables that are not functioning correctly.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
There would be no matching problems with that system, it will work fine.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
hi

Most home Atmos systems max out at 4 height channels. There are some very high end home audio processors that can do more, but they are very expensive.

N

NormD

Audiophyte
If you are going to use RCA cables, I also recommend BlueJeans cables. Do you have capability for balanced cables with your equipment? That would be probably be better than RCA cables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't had any issues using Mediabridge cables from Amazon, both hdmi and rca types.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis