M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
just ordered a Gateway sw303 sub from eBay for 190$ in great shape. Looks identical to Hsu stf2 with same amp. Maybe a differ cabinet though. Anyone comment on this?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I doubt its identical to the STF2. Might not be a bad sub though, a google search seems to indicate that Hsu was involved in the design.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
Hi there,

I spoke with Dr. Hsu and he told me that he helped design this for
gateway a long time ago. He's a bit sketchy on the specifics but he
said that the sw303 had a driver similar to the STF-2 and amp power
similar to the STF-1. So I would see it as between the two STF series
subs.

Sincerely,
The Hsu Research Sales Team

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
Just recieved the sub tonight. Just as impressed with it as i am with my other hsu.

J

Jeffrey S. Albaugh

Audioholic
just ordered a Gateway sw303 sub from eBay for 190$ in great shape. Looks identical to Hsu stf2 with same amp. Maybe a differ cabinet though. Anyone comment on this?
You are joking about this, right? You are comparing HSU to Gateway? What a joke. HSU blows Gateway subwoofers off the planet. No comparison. Size means nothing here.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You are joking about this, right? You are comparing HSU to Gateway? What a joke. HSU blows Gateway subwoofers off the planet. No comparison. Size means nothing here.
Dr Hsu designed the Gateway, did you read post 6?

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
I own the stf 1 and stf 2. The gateway is just as good if not better. Correct Dr Hsu designed it. Looks the same as my hsu as far as driver/ amp but a differ box.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
At one point in time Hsu was a more popular manufacturer for smaller system setups. They had the ventriloquist satellite speaker system and the STF1, and that was an good system for desktop PC setups. Hsu products were actually sold by CompUSA at one point. It's not that surprising that Gateway approached them to do a sub design in that period.

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
Just recieved the sub tonight. Just as impressed with it as i am with my other hsu.
If it sounds good to your ears and everything is working together properly...You have your needs and wants satisfied...:D

J

Jeffrey S. Albaugh

Audioholic
Dr Hsu designed the Gateway, did you read post 6?
Well then, I apologise, but that all came after my post. However, remember, that it is not just like the HSU sub; there are differences. I knew Dr. Hsu personally from the Cedia Shows. He is a very smart gentleman & about as knowledgable as anyone could be. We were dealers for HSU, up until the time that they moved to internet sales. Bummer.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis