660Griz

Audiophyte
Well, my audiophile days were in the 80s. Since then, life and other hobbies took over. I recently listened to music on a really good system and it brought me back to the good ol days. I just moved into a new house which is a little more audio friendly. (no giant vaulted ceilings)
So, the bug returned.
I watched some audioholics youtube videos, and other video reviews, and pulled the trigger on a Yamaha RX-A2050, 4 Elac B6s, an Elac center channel, and an Elac sub (200W). My wife doesn't know about this yet but, better to beg forgiveness than ask permission. :)
I still have some other stuff to get in order to complete the system. It may never be complete but, I am hoping this is a good start. Just a little buyers remorse and they haven't even shipped yet.
I am sure I will be back with questions. Do I need to adjust the impedance setting? Just kidding.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I think you should get a less expensive AVR and a more capable sub or subs.

Congrats on coming back to HT gear :)

660Griz

Audiophyte
I tried to get an AVR I could 'grow' in to. I'll certainly be evaluating the speaker situation as I go.
Multi subs is a goal. Which ones? Not sure yet. I am hoping the Elacs hold me over until I can.

660Griz

Audiophyte
Update: Company called and said they were out of the 2050s. Asked if it would be alright to send a 2060 for the same price. Sure!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I think the system is nice, but the subwoofer is weak. I would forego the sub. I would aim at getting multiples of a better subwoofer: Hsu, SVS, Rythmik, Outlaw, EMP I-12, or something like that.

660Griz

Audiophyte
My goal is multiple better subs. Just needed a sub for now.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis