subwoofer connection

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Also......to be clear on what you are suggesting. If you have an excellent source hooked up to high end speakers, that a $600 buck Yamaha amp will sound and perform the SAME as a $6K Classe amp level matched in a A/B comparison?
Let's just say most people couldn't tell a difference as the results of blind abx testing has indicated to date. You should try it. Excellent digital sources are available very inexpensively and excellent speakers can be as well, same for amps. Throwing money at it for appearances seems to be a large part of what goes on in high end. It's about sales to those with disposable income more than good audio value all too often.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I like to think that reviewers of audio products do so with with their ears and a passion for the biz. Run that statement by Gene here at Audioholics and see what he has to say about being biased towards paid advertisers!!??
You're welcome to whatever fantasies you like but the business of magazines and reviews isn't an audio thing, happens in lots of consumer categories. Gene I'm not that familiar with yet; altho I haven't seen a review he's written in the last few I've opened after his introduction.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Let's just say most people couldn't tell a difference as the results of blind abx testing has indicated to date. You should try it. Excellent digital sources are available very inexpensively and excellent speakers can be as well, same for amps. Throwing money at it for appearances seems to be a large part of what goes on in high end. It's about sales to those with disposable income more than good audio value all too often.
I would think a lot of people did it not just for the appearances but also for better specs (at least on paper), better built quality overall that should result in better reliability and longevity.

J

Jegal

Enthusiast
Hi there, I have a similar question, but I already bougth the integrated amp, Marantz PM7005, which doesn't have a sub out, so I had to connect it to my SVS SB1000 using the same wiring that are going to the speakers. Do you think that I'm going to do any harm to any of the components? Am I doubling the bass notes even though I'm x overing at 80 Hz. Do they cancel each other? Thanks for your time and comments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hi there, I have a similar question, but I already bougth the integrated amp, Marantz PM7005, which doesn't have a sub out, so I had to connect it to my SVS SB1000 using the same wiring that are going to the speakers. Do you think that I'm going to do any harm to any of the components? Am I doubling the bass notes even though I'm x overing at 80 Hz. Do they cancel each other? Thanks for your time and comments
Won't harm the components but the SB1000 doesn't have a high pass filter via the speaker level inputs (i.e. you aren't using a crossover except on the line in/out connection, where it has a fixed 80hz high pass filter). The sub connected with high level inputs only has an adjustment of its low pass filter, so your speakers are duplicating some of the frequencies....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis