Vizio 55" D55-D2 HDTV 1080p LED Smart $649.96

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
QVC has it for $649.96, it has decent features, in terms of quality and reliability along with a good picture, would it be a wise buying decision which after researching 1080p vs 4k the verdict was that there's no major difference in picture quality, I trust my teammates here as opposed to listening to a brick & mortar sales person or even online sales people as well as manufacturing reps...THANKS TO ALL

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
That seems like a good price. Three years ago I bought (on sale!) a SONY Bravia 50" LCD for $900. Was originally $1200.00. I suppose I should have waited several years to get a new TV and a different brand! But my old CRT 27" was showing it's age and I was upgrading my AVR system. And the SONY Store was walking distance from my apartment (that store is now gone, the mega mall still has an Apple and Microsoft stores).

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
That seems like a good price. Three years ago I bought (on sale!) a SONY Bravia 50" LCD for $900. Was originally $1200.00. I suppose I should have waited several years to get a new TV and a different brand! But my old CRT 27" was showing it's age and I was upgrading my AVR system. And the SONY Store was walking distance from my apartment (that store is now gone, the mega mall still has an Apple and Microsoft stores).
My budget was actually $1100 but when I started researching I saw this one with the features that had value to me which was $719.96, now it's $649.96 and it's free S&h, with that in mind, I have $400 that I hadn't planned on having which now this coming month I'll need to just add $400 more for a sub now and not have to go to the round table to meet with the wife:eek:, couldn't have worked out any better...Thanks for the info...

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I agree with ADTG, you can walk into just about any B&M and buy a better TV for $650.

I've never bought anything from QVC and it seems to me that QVC markets themselves to the tech illiterate.

Same series (level) as the one from QVC but 4K for the same price. You could also get the same series in 1080p at a 65" for the same price as the 55" 1080p set for the same price. Both available at Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-D55u-D1-55-Class-4K-Ultra-HD-2160p-120Hz-LED-Smart-HDTV-4K-x-2K/46819835

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
I don't like any of you, only because you've given me more think about :) I EMBRACE YOU ALL FOR KNOWLEDGE, DIRECTIONS AND SOLUTIONS, THAT'S SAVED ME $... I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger YET !!!...THANKS TO ALLLLLL

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Let me know how you like the 55. My Samsung 5300 has 3 vertical lines, so it won't be long till there is more lines. I've had Vizio's and I like them. My desktop is actually a Vizio 22".

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
Let me know how you like the 55. My Samsung 5300 has 3 vertical lines, so it won't be long till there is more lines. I've had Vizio's and I like them. My desktop is actually a Vizio 22".
I will, count on a response...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
How old is the Samsung 5300?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don't like any of you, I EMBRACE YOU ALL FOR KNOWLEDGE, DIRECTIONS AND SOLUTIONS, THAT'S SAVED ME $... I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger YET !!!...THANKS TO ALLLLLL
Oh, yeah, we just love spending other people's money. :D

I am actually shopping for seven TVs for my new house. :eek:

I actually bought all 7 TVs (2 x Vizio 70", 5 x Sharp 60") from Sam's Club. Then I took all of them back to Sam's Club for a refund. :eek:

Now I'm doing more research and waiting for more sales. :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
How old is the Samsung 5300?
3 years in Dec., so no warranty left. Thought it would last me a good ten years. These vertical lines came out of nowhere. Started off with one and now it's three. Just trying to find one between $300-450 maybe 500 range. Hopefully I can get one in Oct. If my financial situation gets better. I want 50-55 inch 1080(Don't need 4k or apps) this time. The Samsung is 51 inch.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
3 years in Dec., so no warranty left. Thought it would last me a good ten years. These vertical lines came out of nowhere. Started off with one and now it's three. Just trying to find one between $300-450 maybe 500 range. Hopefully I can get one in Oct. If my financial situation gets better. I want 50-55 inch 1080(Don't need 4k or apps) this time. The Samsung is 51 inch.
dell has a 55" 1080p vizio for $500 (includes $200 dell gift card)
http://slickdeals.net/f/9039327-vizio-55-smart-led-hdtv-d55-d2-200-egift-card-500-live-now?src=

70" 1080p vizio for $1100 (plus $400 gift card)
http://slickdeals.net/f/9012735-70-vizio-d70-d3-smart-1080p-led-hdtv-400-dell-egift-card-1100-free-shipping?src=featured

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
After comparing the1080 and the 4K for picture quality save your $, if I didn't compare the 2, I wouldn't see the difference...o_O

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah since there is not alot of stuff out there with 4K, well some Blurays. I'll stick to 1080.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Also you should look more into the E or M Vizio series. Said to be better than the D series. I see a couple of E series refurbs on ebay for less than $400 with a 90 day warranty + plus add your own warranty.

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
Also you should look more into the E or M Vizio series. Said to be better than the D series. I see a couple of E series refurbs on ebay for less than $400 with a 90 day warranty + plus add your own warranty.
Going to look at them right now, that sounds good...Thanks

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis