Audio Switcher / no sound from Netflix Stick / Amazon Stick

C

Cindy Parker

Audiophyte
Hi,

I have a dilemma, my husband and I bought a HDTV a few years ago and we installed it in the wall so it's flush with the wall and all of the wiring is behind the wall (the other side of the wall is a closet so we can easily access the back of the units). In order to install the tv into the wall we had to disconnect the speakers from the tv. The audio from the cable and dvd player are through the home theatre. A few months later we added a wii game unit to the tv but we didn't get sound so we purchased an audio switcher with (2) switches (1) for the home theatre and (2) for the wii and it worked fine. Now I plugged in a Netflix stick through the HDMI port on the back of the tv, the picture comes in great but we don't have audio, We can watch Netflix through the wii but I was hoping to watch it through the Netflix Stick since that is easier with the remote.

Any suggestions of what may be wrong on our end? I'm stumped.

Thanks,

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
can you run an optical cable from your tv (out) to your home theater (in), assuming you mean audio video receiver?

Last edited:
C

Cindy Parker

Audiophyte
can you run an optical cable from your tv (out) to your home theater (in), assuming you mean audio video receiver?
I'll check into that. The home theatre system is also the dvd player, I should have mentioned that in the original post. I was wondering if I get a new audio switch with a hdmi connection if that would solve my problem (as of now its just an older switch unit with an av connection)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
it would help a ton if you could list what all you're running. number of speakers, power source (amplifier or receiver, if any), tv outputs, etc. the more specific you are, the better we'll be able to help guide you.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
We can probably look up info on the components that the stick is hooked to and get a better idea of what's going on with that. Optical cable may help, but you also may need to enable ARC (Audio Return Channel) on the TV and the receiver via HDMI. If it is not equipped with that, that could be why it isn't giving you sound and the optical may be the way around that.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis