Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Getting drunk. Laying to rest my childhood best friends dad tomorrow who's son was shot and killed 15 years ago...

It's not easy being the living embodiment of someone's son....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Well, that was a downer of a post...:oops::D

I stopped at four beers. I'm such an adult...:rolleyes:

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
On a lighter note, this could easily have been one of the stereo salesman I've heard. Specifically, cables come to mind.

upload_2016-8-16_9-43-42.gif

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Got a new job, moving for the third time in 3 years, see you all in a few months when things settle down again :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That was fast! Congrats, it's always nice to know someone wants you.

Where are you going?
Thanks, looks like I'll be working in Duanesburg, but no idea where we'll be living just yet.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks, looks like I'll be working in Duanesburg, but no idea where we'll be living just yet.
Looks like a great place, (for a Yankee town). When the town's official website front page boasts a "new Hannaford grocery store", it sounds like a good ol' folks Southern town. If I had to go north of the Mason Dixon line, I'd look for a place like that!

Good luck!

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Duanesburg, NY? Back to the land of more snow, and more snow blowers. Maybe cooler summers? Or, maybe just as hot as Maryland, but shorter summers.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
LOL yea, it's out there, but who knows where we'll end up living. Then again, we both grew up in the woods, so it shouldn't be a huge change from that, just a huge change from where we are now.

Well @Swerd let's put it this way, when we left MD to go check out a place to live it was 89 with 90% humidity and the place we looked at was 78 with 30% humidity and a nice breeze. Summers will definitley be a lot different, but so will winters like you said. All I can say about that is SNOW DAY

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Well @Swerd let's put it this way, when we left MD to go check out a place to live it was 89 with 90% humidity and the place we looked at was 78 with 30% humidity and a nice breeze. Summers will definitley be a lot different, but so will winters like you said. All I can say about that is SNOW DAY
This summer has been brutal. I'm more than ready for it to end. I just learned last week that my 15-year-old AC had been slowly leaking it's not-Freon for at least a month. The furnace is 23-years old, so I know it's time to replace them both :(.

Sometime later in September, I'll be in New Paltz, not too far away from where you're going. My son has a fiance and he wants us to meet her parents. A long weekend at the Mohonk Mountain House is in the works. That should be nicer than a failing AC.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
This summer has been brutal. I'm more than ready for it to end. I just learned last week that my 15-year-old AC had been slowly leaking it's not-Freon for at least a month. The furnace is 23-years old, so I know it's time to replace them both :(.

Sometime later in September, I'll be in New Paltz, not too far away from where you're going. My son has a fiance and he wants us to meet her parents. A long weekend at the Mohonk Mountain House is in the works. That should be nicer than a failing AC.
Yea, the HVAC at the townhouse we were renting was awful and we ended up using mostly window units to just cool the basement and the bedroom.

The Mohonk Mountain House is beautiful. If you've never been there before, I think you're really going to like it and September is a great time to go.

New Paltz, is about 30 mins away from my Parents on the thruway. Saugerties is a nice little town, if you're looking for a day trip. You could hit Saugerties and Woodstock, but you may not want to leave the Mohonk House :D.

I'll be up further north towards the Albany area, but a little further west. About an hour from my parents out in the boondocks. MD was fun, but I'm ready for less humidity and heat. Plus, I don't mind the snow so much, at least at my current age.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
The failed AC and 23-year-old furnace are now history. New ones installed in less than 4 hours yesterday, and I am $6150 poorer. That includes a nearly $400 refund for the recent AC repair as they were able to recover most of the not-Freon they had added.

The new Salk Veracity ST speakers still look like a bargain to me! Too bad you'll be moving before you could hear them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis