Settings on rs nova 8b speakers

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
How do I use these settings to get the best quality sound (music), jazz is my 1st preference, great sounding speakers, get offers for them all the time on a regular basis...is it necessary to make adjustments to the setting, don't want to get ahead of myself also I invite a upgrade in the x-over which is a project and a procedure I dare not even think about performing. I'm slowly upgrading, got 2 SVS Prime Towers 3 wks ago to go with Denon 1912 avr and in 2 wks getting a sub $800 budget, adding a center later...THANKS AGAIN
IMAG0156.jpg

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I would set them to normal. I'd advise not messing with "upgrading" the x-over if they work fine already.

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
Looking to add sub, what's in place now

Denon 1912 avr
SVS prime towers
Yamaha cd-c600 bl

With $800 budget for sub, was considering the SVS 1000 and the HSU STF-2, adding center later, it's all about music with me, what's your take on this along with your ideals and advice because honestly I trust and have confidence in the supporting cast here...Thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That a SVS PB or SB 1000? Is size or finish of the sub a consideration? How large a room is it going to be in? What kind of music do you listen to?

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
The SB 1000 ASH , sz of sub compact and the room sz 12x6" x 17"x 3" and music is jazz

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
I would set them to normal. I'd advise not messing with "upgrading" the x-over if they work fine already.
OK,
Thanks j_Garcia, no need, they do...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The SB 1000 ASH , sz of sub compact and the room sz 12x6" x 17"x 3" and music is jazz
12.5 x 17 x 3 inches? How tall are you ? :) That supposed to be an 8ft ceiling?

Maybe not a very large room so a small sub may work for you. I'd prefer the SB1000 of those two since it has a 12" driver. Maybe the Rythmik L12 another consideration.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
My room is about the same size, and I like jazz (and lots of other music.) I had the $500 SB1000 for a few months. Now I have the $700 SB2000 and it's so much better!

I should note that it was the size of the SB1000 at under 14" square that attracted me to it. It's an outstanding performer for it's size, and currently in use at my cousin's house. The reason I went up to the SB2000 is that it's only about an inch & a half bigger square but seems (to me) to put out smoother sound with more authority at normal listening levels. Hard to describe, but I assure you I'm not confusing a difference in gain settings.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd think the SB2000 would allow for a bit more eq and/or higher playback level. Always nice to have more headroom, why I prefer multiple sealed 18"s :)

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
12.5 x 17 x 3 inches? How tall are you ? :) That supposed to be an 8ft ceiling?

Maybe not a very large room so a small sub may work for you. I'd prefer the SB1000 of those two since it has a 12" driver. Maybe the Rythmik L12 another consideration.
I'm 5:9 and ceiling height is 8ft, sounds like the Rythmik L12 is a solid sub, going to check it out, Thanks lovinthehd

Last edited:
D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
My room is about the same size, and I like jazz (and lots of other music.) I had the $500 SB1000 for a few months. Now I have the $700 SB2000 and it's so much better!

I should note that it was the size of the SB1000 at under 14" square that attracted me to it. It's an outstanding performer for it's size, and currently in use at my cousin's house. The reason I went up to the SB2000 is that it's only about an inch & a half bigger square but seems (to me) to put out smoother sound with more authority at normal listening levels. Hard to describe, but I assure you I'm not confusing a difference in gain settings.
Glad to hear that...

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
I'd think the SB2000 would allow for a bit more eq and/or higher playback level. Always nice to have more headroom, why I prefer multiple sealed 18"s :)
Yes it is...Thanks, I love the team support here

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Oh yeah, one other thing about the SB2000 that I really like over the SB1000 is the grille. Of course it has nothing to do with sound, but instead of the cloth covering the SB1000, the SB2000 has a perforated steel grille that's absolutely indestructible. Tested by my wife with her assault vacuum cleaner and claws of our 3 cats, it's deemed worthy! :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis