Data-bass reviews of JTR Captivator S2 and Noesis 215RT up :)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The 215RT posts some huge numbers, but anyone using it is going to need some heavy duty amplification. The impedance dips are pretty demanding, dipping below 3 Ohms from 55 Hz to 80 Hz, which is a heavily used range as it serves as the fundamental note for many bass lines. I would not be hooking that thing up to a run-of-the-mill AVR, but then again, I doubt anyone who buys these things will be doing that anyway. I managed to hear one of these things at a past AXPONA show, very nice speakers.

J

Jeff Permanian

Enthusiast
Usually, speaker's impedance dips are 70-80% of the normalized rating. Most amplifiers are designed to handle impedance dips. SpeakerPower designed their 4 ohm amplifiers to handle dips down to 2.5 ohms.

We're extremely excited that our Noesis 215RT loudspeaker measured 4th loudest of all time at 20hz.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Jeez, at what point is that kind of output redundant? That's insane. Bravo, Jeff!

DJ

Last edited:
Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Nice numbers, but for practical applications, mostly a waste.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I agree. Incredible output. The plaster in my 100 year old house would not survive. LOL
I know what you mean. In my previous house I shook the filler off a nailhead in my listening room's 20 foot ceiling while doing a system test of a 20Hz test tone at 100db at my listening seat. The nailhead was dark brown and the ceiling was white, so when I was selling the house I *had* to fix it, which turned out to be a royal PITA. I get tempted by some monster subs now and then, but I find super-loud deep bass rather disorienting too.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
My 36 year old marriage wouldn't survive that kind of bass. o_O

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Data-bass seems like its always up and down, I think the host server is a bit unreliable.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis