Marcus Oakley's "Best Recommendation" Questions

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

i have the monitor audio asb2 soundbar i have added a bk monolith plus sub sounds fantastic

my question is is there a way to add wireless rear speakers i do not get any rear effects?

would this work i have a samsung galaxy s6 edge plus mobile phone with aptx support and also monoprice bluetooth streaming music reciever with nfc and aptx support would the monitor audio s150 work as rear surrounds for the monitor audio asb2 thanks?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I can't see where that overpriced thing supports real surround channels, only the fake ones it generates internally.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
You would need a receiver to support surround speakers.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
i need a cd player( high end )... the very best sound quality
Marcus,
You're getting poked pretty good. This is why...

This is an audiophile forum. People here strive for the best sound, or the best sound for the money, and have more than average knowledge about consumer audio gear. Your question raises several red flags to the audiophile.

1. You have a soundbar... and paid a lot for it.
There are receivers and speakers, for the same money, that can murder your soundbar.

2. CDs are a digital source... Ones and Zeros. There is no degree of reproduction. Either the digits are there or they aren't. That means a reliable inexpensive player will provide the same signal as a reliable expensive player. The difference is in features, loading times and available outputs.

You have already gone way down a path few of us would recommend. Few would also recommend spending a lot adding to it. It's great if your system is good for you. That's what we all want. But the advice here is to minimize the money you spend adding to it. Just look for an inexpensive, name brand bluray player. It will provide more "quality" input than you can use.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi i have the monitor audio asb2 soundbar and bk monolith subwoofer

my question is i am after buying the emotiva erc-3 cd player but would it work with the sounbar if so would it be a great match? nd what would be the best way to connect it? thanks

L

Latent

Full Audioholic
You can connect the CD player via digital coax cable or optical toslink cable or by analog stereo rca to 3.5mm cable into the analog input. The DAC in the CD player is going to be better than the one in the sound bar so you would think going the analog route would get better results. However you would probably be thinking wrong as this unit probably has a analog to digital converter on the analog input so that it avoid the complexity or a analog direct mode. This would make the audio worse than just using a digital cable and bypassing the high end dac in the CD player.

Once you use the digital output most of the quality advantage of this CD player is gone and it will perform as well as any cheap CD player. Might still have reduced jitter or something but I'm not am expert on that sorry.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

You are better of buying a good 100-200£ blu-ray player instead imo as it will do all you will need. Or better blu-ray player like oppo 103 or marantz ud5007.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi all

i have a samsung galaxy s6 edge plus mobile phone that i bought from the usa from uk ebay i live in the uk kettering northamptonshire area

i am after buying a samsung gear s2 smartwatch that i can pair with my mobile phone so i want the 3g version that will work in the uk i want to use my existing mobile phone number for the watch as well i dont want to take out a 2nd contract my provider is virginmedia

can anybody tell me what specific gear s2 watch do i need with a link to it if possible please thank you

need help asap please?

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
what is the better package the elac uni fi series or the rsl 5.1 speaker package for sound quality?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
a bit too vague aren't we?... Afaik Elec Uni fi doesn't come in 5.1 packages from Elac.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The one you like more. This the CG4 5.1 from RSL? Also curious just what the Elac 5.1 would consist of....

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi loveinthehd the speakers in paticular are the rsl cg24 vs the uni fi b5 for sound quality thank you

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
No one is going to know that. I wouldn't be surprised if the B5 had a tad flatter frequency response though.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi all i have just bought a denon x6200w amp and roger sound labs 5..1 speaker package and 2 cg4 speakers and additional speedwoofer 10 subwoofer and will be buying 4 elevation svs speakers to use for atmos dutys and a emotiva xpa3 for additional channels using blue jeans terminated speaker cable a panasonic ub900 4k player 2 mediabridge ultra subwoofer cables

my question is in peoples opion what would be the best optical and coax cables to use with thes components can you all be specific in the exact cables to use also is there anything ive missed out that can be added to get this setup up and running thanks

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Monoprice cables will be fine. The cables either work or don't, no magic involved.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Bluejeans sells every cable you would ever need. I actually really like their optical cables.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
how does the rsl 5.1 speaker package compare to the xtz cinema package or the ascend acoustic speakers i know these two packages are a lot more expensive but can the roger sound labs speakers hold there own thank you

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
how does the rsl 5.1 speaker package compare to the xtz cinema package or the ascend acoustic speakers i know these two packages are a lot more expensive but can the roger sound labs speakers hold there own thank you
Marcus I haven't heard these 2 packages, check out SVS, they have a really nice 5.1 package that provides good sound , performance with quality and you also have 45 days to decide if you want to keep it and they will pay the return shipping if you don't want them, no questions asked...Enjoy

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I think maybe in a small room at modest loudness levels the RSL speakers might sound fine, but I wouldn't expect them to compete in situation where high dynamic ranges are called for. I might also be looking at a Hsu 5.1 set like this one.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis