Home theater A/V Receiver help

J

Jarvis benjam

Audiophyte
To all,
So I have begun to build my ultimate home theater. Currently I own the Epson 5030 UBE and the Sony 75x850D 4K UHD/HDR Television. I am set on an electronic motorized screen from Elite for the projector as this will drop down over the television for movies. The 75inch is for football...lol!! I am in the process of purchasing the SVS Ultra Towers, SVS Ultra Center, SVS Bookshelves(for the surround) and the SVS PC 13 Ultra duel subs. With a little over 11,000 spent, I am beginning to search out an A/V Receiver and Blue Ray player. Currently I am torn between the following A/V receivers and my main concern is sound, power, price, and which product will remain relevant longer. I will outline the receivers of interest below and what has stood out to me about them.

Anthem MRX 720: The main reason for this selection Anthem Room Correction. From all the reviews I have read this A/V receiver has all the latest in decoding technology but is above the rest when it comes to calibration

Yamaha RX-A3060: has all the same features as the denon X7200WA, is a grand cheaper but is YAPO better then Audessey? And are the amplifiers relatively as good, denon vs Yamaha. Both rated at 150WPC

Denon X7200WA: I have had many Denons and the wifi features have always had problems it has seemed for me. The sound quality has always seemed good but it appears by all the research I have done, I never really understood just how important the calibration is and I have never done it right. Denon appears to be future proof and offers mostly the same as the Denon.

As far as Blue Ray players go, is OPPO worth the hype and is the company going to release a full UHD 4K player or should go I go with the Pannisonic that has been released?

In summary, the biggest question I have is with Anthem I sacrifice a ton of options to get what I have read, as top notch sound and quality. Yahmaha and Denon seem to be even and is the Yamaha as good as Anthem and Denon, if so why? Yahmaha is $1400.00 cheaper then Anthem and $1000.00 cheaper then Denon. If I don't have to spend the big money I don't want too. Also I am only really interested in running a 5.2 or a 7.2 at most in the future. Thank you in advance for your advice.

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
To all,
So I have begun to build my ultimate home theater. Currently I own the Epson 5030 UBE and the Sony 75x850D 4K UHD/HDR Television. I am set on an electronic motorized screen from Elite for the projector as this will drop down over the television for movies. The 75inch is for football...lol!! I am in the process of purchasing the SVS Ultra Towers, SVS Ultra Center, SVS Bookshelves(for the surround) and the SVS PC 13 Ultra duel subs. With a little over 11,000 spent, I am beginning to search out an A/V Receiver and Blue Ray player. Currently I am torn between the following A/V receivers and my main concern is sound, power, price, and which product will remain relevant longer. I will outline the receivers of interest below and what has stood out to me about them.

Anthem MRX 720: The main reason for this selection Anthem Room Correction. From all the reviews I have read this A/V receiver has all the latest in decoding technology but is above the rest when it comes to calibration

Yamaha RX-A3060: has all the same features as the denon X7200WA, is a grand cheaper but is YAPO better then Audessey? And are the amplifiers relatively as good, denon vs Yamaha. Both rated at 150WPC

Denon X7200WA: I have had many Denons and the wifi features have always had problems it has seemed for me. The sound quality has always seemed good but it appears by all the research I have done, I never really understood just how important the calibration is and I have never done it right. Denon appears to be future proof and offers mostly the same as the Denon.

As far as Blue Ray players go, is OPPO worth the hype and is the company going to release a full UHD 4K player or should go I go with the Pannisonic that has been released?

In summary, the biggest question I have is with Anthem I sacrifice a ton of options to get what I have read, as top notch sound and quality. Yahmaha and Denon seem to be even and is the Yamaha as good as Anthem and Denon, if so why? Yahmaha is $1400.00 cheaper then Anthem and $1000.00 cheaper then Denon. If I don't have to spend the big money I don't want too. Also I am only really interested in running a 5.2 or a 7.2 at most in the future. Thank you in advance for your advice.
As stated, accessories4less is a great place to shop, quality and budget friendly along with a outstanding customer service department...Enjoy

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavr4520ci/denon-avr-4520ci-9.2-ch-x-150-watts-networking-a/v-receiver/1.html
why spend more?

I'd stick with Denon/Marantz models for best in class Auto Speaker Calibration
FWIW I had two bad refurb 4520s from Denon/D+M Group, not impressed with their 4520 refurb program accordingly as you might understand. Try the official 4520 thread at AVSforum, there's others with refurb issues as well. Just be prepared if you try it. Ended up going new (but on closeout so only $100 more at the time). All thru A4L, they were great to deal with. I do like Audyssey XT32 very much and would recommend at least that level of Audyssey from Denon and Marantz

T

Tulsa

Audiophyte
Looking for info on adding a Niles speaker selector to pioneer receiver for zone 2 outside listening

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Looking for info on adding a Niles speaker selector to pioneer receiver for zone 2 outside listening
The selector manual doesn't illustrate how to connect it?

ps You really should start your own thread in the beginner's section if the manual doesn't help rather than hijack this and that other thread....

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
The Anthem ARC is probably better, hard to say, but I wouldn't pay more for less (features, specs). It won't sound better than the Denon, Marantz or Yamaha, don't listen to hearsay. My Anthem power amp doesn't sound any different than my Denon AVRs and I can't see how their AVR would do better than their separate components.

Those SVS speakers can take a lot of power if you play them loud so I would go with the Denon, or the Yamaha, though the difference in power output between them and the MRX will be marginal. For 5.1, it may be economical to go with separates too, if you can pick up an slightly outdated Marantz AV8801 for cheap and an Outlaw power amp, or even Crown XLS proamp.

You can also email SVS the same questions and I am sure they will response, probably with a generic answer though.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis