slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Engadget was doing the liveblog.

Here are the key items that caught my interest!!!

*New XBOX One Elite Wireless Controller! MS finally getting in on the custom controller game, I want to see how this plays out. This could be a great platform for custom controller mods (Evil Controllers is currently the king of the hill on custom controllers).

*XBOX 360 Backwards Compatibility with XBOX one!!! That is HUGE!!! And somehow they managed to keep it from leaking ahead of time.

*Rare 30-in-1 collection! Battletoads!!!

*Gears of War 1 remake on XBOX one. And, Gears of War 4 announced (I hope they don't screw up GOW 4 like they did with GOW Judgment!!! They need to go back to GOW 3 as the inspiration and go from there).

Can Sony close the gap? MS set the bar pretty dang high today.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I have both systems, and I like the fact that both showcased different types of games. I have read may people say that Sony had the better show, but I really don't see how
1. They had some nice games, but none had solid release dates, at least not till 2016+
2. Some of them were holdouts from PS3 that never made it to that system
3. Most of their games were multi-plat that are releasing soon
4. Nice add for COD to be on PS4 first
5. Shenmue 3, they are backing, but they also have kickstarter, that game won't be comming out in the near future, but I loved the first 2

I heard IGN say that Sony had the better show, because they made Multi-plat their own, which too me was one of the most ignorant comments I have heard.

Uncharted 4 looks great, they have some nice games comming out, but for 2015 I think Xbox One will have a great X-mas because Sony will have 0 First Party Games until next year.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have both systems, and I like the fact that both showcased different types of games. I have read may people say that Sony had the better show, but I really don't see how
1. They had some nice games, but none had solid release dates, at least not till 2016+
2. Some of them were holdouts from PS3 that never made it to that system
3. Most of their games were multi-plat that are releasing soon
4. Nice add for COD to be on PS4 first
5. Shenmue 3, they are backing, but they also have kickstarter, that game won't be comming out in the near future, but I loved the first 2

I heard IGN say that Sony had the better show, because they made Multi-plat their own, which too me was one of the most ignorant comments I have heard.

Uncharted 4 looks great, they have some nice games comming out, but for 2015 I think Xbox One will have a great X-mas because Sony will have 0 First Party Games until next year.
Yeah....MS knocked it out of the park and made Sony look like child's play.

In the past, I have owned PS, PS2, PS3.

Currently I have 360 and XBOX One.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
They'll probably have to do some custom stuff for each game like the Xbox -> Xbox 360 backwards compatibility. I still have an old Xbox for the ones they didn't support.

The recent game announcements are why I'm thinking I'll eventually buy an Xbone. I hope the new Mass Effect and Deus Ex games are cool since they are my motivation. I didn't upgrade to the 360 until Elder Scrolls Oblivion came out because that was the first game I really wanted to play.

Jim

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Not that I have any time to play video games now, but x360 backward compatibility makes me consider xbone just a smidge more seriously

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Not that I have any time to play video games now, but x360 backward compatibility makes me consider xbone just a smidge more seriously
Yeah, it also makes me consider holding onto my old 360 a bit longer. It does make a good media center, but mine doesn't have the built in wifi :(

T

tektixon

Audiophyte
Considering what you've learned so far, you should know to wait at least 6 Months because as you'd know there's a leap of technology in the new Xbone that's worth waiting for. Don't buy obsolete junk just because its a cheap fire sale. You'll be sorry if you do. And as an Audiopylte so named for my involvement I don't waste much time texting forums when there's better things to entertain my world. Try to keep your life your own example of who you are and don't get absorbed by all the hype that bombards the arteries of your wallet.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Considering what you've learned so far, you should know to wait at least 6 Months because as you'd know there's a leap of technology in the new Xbone that's worth waiting for. Don't buy obsolete junk just because its a cheap fire sale. You'll be sorry if you do. And as an Audiopylte so named for my involvement I don't waste much time texting forums when there's better things to entertain my world. Try to keep your life your own example of who you are and don't get absorbed by all the hype that bombards the arteries of your wallet.
Wow. A Lot has been changed from 6/2015. First of all - all of my free time has been practically killed. No more every other weekend to myself. I still haven't connected x360 since we moved in 8/2014.
I still have GTA5 x360 in sealed shrinkwrap which was impulse buy more than year ago at $25.
So - xbone is 100% out of the window. Your post is about one year late, but it won't change a thing.
At this point only games I buy for myself are mobile so I could do something while commuting to work.

Ok, maybe No Man's Sky will be an exception ones it's out for pc. I don't intend to buy PS4 just for it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis