Stranger Things on Netflix

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Anyone else watch this? I decided to give the first episode a chance last night and godamn I end up watching the entire series, going to bed at 5 AM. Its very watchable, not a great all-time classic but very easy to digest which explains my inadvertent binge-watch. It really tries for the feel of an 80's mini-series, like Salem's Lot or Stephen King's It. It's like the guys who made it wanted to make the movie they always wanted to see when they were 12 and growing up in the 80's. Very cool score as well. Check out the opening credits, they are killer, it even has that flicker of a film-to-video transfer, very nice touch:
I normally skip the opening credits in TV shows, but I watched that beauty at the start of every episode.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Excellent show. I've been trying to watch it this week but have been extremely busy. Great music through the whole thing.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Saw episode 1 and really liked it. I don't binge watch so I will watched every other week or so. Nice bass in the beginning too.:eek: Winona does not age. Still looking good.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks for the suggestion. Don't think we are that hard core to do the whole series in one day though.;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Two of my friends also watched it in one day. I don't have that kind of relax time.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Well, it is an interesting series, well acted especially by the kids.
We couldn't help ourselves and watched 5 episodes. :)
May finish tonight.
Wonder when the next season will start.
That music beat of the bass is very similar to DareDevil.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Considering it only came out about a week ago, it will be a while for S2

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Considering it only came out about a week ago, it will be a while for S2
Yep, most likely next summer, similar to DD.

Finished the last 3 last night. Interesting ending. Like an Alien implanting. ;)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
If you guys like the music to Stranger Things, the artists have a soundcloud channel here. It is a bit more ambient then the show music and not as 80's, but it still resembles the Stranger Things score quite a bit.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
We watched it Friday night and Saturday afternoon. Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to S2 :)

B

BrianT

Enthusiast
This show kicks ass! I really like it! The whole theme is so well played, the actors are doing a great job!

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I was looking forward to Season 2, but I am starting to have my doubts. IMO what made this show so great was they took a cast primarily of unknowns who all turned in such great performances. Vince Vaughn and Collen Farell are joining the cast for season 2. I really like Vince Vaughn, but not for this series, I hope I am proven wrong. Is this Stranger Things or True Dective 3.0?

Alexandre

Alexandre

Audioholic
Soooooo gooood. Looking forward to season 3, I hope they do te first season justice. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis