God of War 3 (PS3) texture issues

Blu-RayDisc+50GB

Blu-RayDisc+50GB

Junior Audioholic
Hey there, I love God of War 3 but I noticed it has some issues with graphics. When I start playing the game, the textures take a while to load and the PS3 keeps making the disc reading noise. I was wondering if anyone else who plays the game has the same issues? My PS3 is connected to my 40 inch HDTV with HDMI, outputting 1080p@60fps.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
sounds like either bad disk or ps3 drive is on it's way out.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Buy the remastered version online and install local to the disc. Make sure there's nothing wrong with your PS3 first though, and make sure you drive isn't full.

Blu-RayDisc+50GB

Blu-RayDisc+50GB

Junior Audioholic
Buy the remastered version online and install local to the disc. Make sure there's nothing wrong with your PS3 first though, and make sure you drive isn't full.
I don't have PS4 and don't intend to get it. I have seen others reporting the same issue, so I am not blaming the disc or hard drive.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
When they released the remastered one for PS4 they also released it for PS3 for download and on disc. Game is so old that it isn't like they're going to release any updates for it either. I think it has been at least a few years since I played that one and I don't recall having that issue, though it is entirely possible that I did.

Blu-RayDisc+50GB

Blu-RayDisc+50GB

Junior Audioholic
When they released the remastered one for PS4 they also released it for PS3 for download and on disc. Game is so old that it isn't like they're going to release any updates for it either. I think it has been at least a few years since I played that one and I don't recall having that issue, though it is entirely possible that I did.
I have been playing the game for 4 years since I am a big God of War fan, it has always had the issue. It is not a major thing though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis