Difference between Yamaha AX-1090 Vs Yamaha AX-1070

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Here U go..
The difference is that the 1070 used speaker output 5-way binding posts which were not certified by CE...
As one could easily plug a Euro AC plug into.. The 1090 used a closed type binding post...
Note that later on CE accepted the 1070 open type binding posts but the factory had to insert small plugs into the banana jack to block that opening but these could be popped out later...

Just my $0.02... ;)

paul.arhitex

paul.arhitex

Audioholic Intern
Here U go..
The difference is that the 1070 used speaker output 5-way binding posts which were not certified by CE...
As one could easily plug a Euro AC plug into.. The 1090 used a closed type binding post...
Note that later on CE accepted the 1070 open type binding posts but the factory had to insert small plugs into the banana jack to block that opening but these could be popped out later...

Just my $0.02... ;)

omg so the only difference is just the binding post.. ? And that is enough to change the name of a product and consider it new?
Btw how did u get this rare knowledge ?
ps: why would anyone plug a Euro AC into i it?

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
CE is the Euro version of UL, hanging the model # was part of the changeover agreed upon with CE
omg so the only difference is just the binding post.. ? And that is enough to change the name of a product and consider it new?

CE is the Euro equivalent of UL/CSA, changing the model # was part of their negotiated solution.
Btw how did u get this rare knowledge ?
We have been doing product development/evaluation/consulting with Yamaha Japan for many years.
ps: why would anyone plug a Euro AC into i it?
Most wouldn't but this posed a liability risk to Yamaha and the user...

Just my $0.02... ;)

paul.arhitex

paul.arhitex

Audioholic Intern
CE is the Euro version of UL, hanging the model # was part of the changeover agreed upon with CE

CE is the Euro equivalent of UL/CSA, changing the model # was part of their negotiated solution.

We have been doing product development/evaluation/consulting with Yamaha Japan for many years.

Most wouldn't but this posed a liability risk to Yamaha and the user...

Just my $0.02... ;)

great - thank you, u helped me a lot in understanding this

- did u had the chance to listen to it or do u know if is a good quality amp?

- i assume u don't know if is better than the Yamaha A-1000 or not

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
great - thank you, u helped me a lot in understanding this

- did u had the chance to listen to it or do u know if is a good quality amp?

- i assume u don't know if is better than the Yamaha A-1000 or not
The A-1000 was a great amplifier in its day..
A major feature it has is the capability to switch amplifier design from a Class A-B to Class A..
But still my personal preference would be the 1090...

Just my $0.02... ;)

paul.arhitex

paul.arhitex

Audioholic Intern
The A-1000 was a great amplifier in its day..
A major feature it has is the capability to switch amplifier design from a Class A-B to Class A..
But still my personal preference would be the 1090...

Just my $0.02... ;)

awesome - i was thinking the same

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis