Ceiling speakers for background music

• Thread starter Onepointtwentyonegigawatt
  • Start date
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Cursory glance at your manual didn't answer my question whether you can simply designate mono as an output mode (e.g. on my Denon for each zone I can set for stereo or mono). If you go to your zone 2 or 3 settings, do you have a stereo or mono option? If you have the mono option your setup choices widen slightly.

O

Onepointtwentyonegigawatt

Enthusiast
I'd love to check, but it's still in the box. o_O

Setting up the 5.1 system with it is my weekend project.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
And, just out of curiosity, if I can set a zone to mono output, would wiring the speakers in series, two to a channel, still be a problem?
Setting the unit to mono won't change impedance issues if that's what you mean. I wouldn't assume you don't like dual stereo setup, many actually do, especially for party/background use.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
BTW looked again at the manual and zones do have mono/stereo setting choice. Also has a setting for volume limit so you can set a nice safe volume level to avoid accidental damage from the casual volume control user. Got kids? :)

O

Onepointtwentyonegigawatt

Enthusiast
I do have kids. Little ones that who have become scarily adept at remote controls.

So, wire a pair to each channel, in parallel, and set a volume limit. Can try either stereo or mono to see what I like. Would be preferable to find 16 ohm speakers if possible.

What happens if I wire them in series? My understanding is that won't create impedance issues.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis