Goldenear Triton Two+, Three+ Speakers & Sub X Preview

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
In a short amount of time Goldenear Technology has created some of the most dynamic new speakers on the market so we are extremely excited about their new an improved Triton Two+ and Triton Three+ floorstanding speakers unveiled at the 2016 CES Show in Las Vegas.

Will they be as good as the amazing Triton One for which they are based on? Read on to find out and be sure to watch our YouTube Video overview with Sandy Gross to get all of the details.

Read: Goldenear Triton Two+, Three+ Speakers & Sub X Preview

Reverberocket

Reverberocket

Enthusiast
Thanks Gene. Very interested in the upgraded Triton 2's. Just wish there was a place to buy them that's not a couple hundred miles away.

D

Don G.

Junior Audioholic
Thanks Gene. Very interested in the upgraded Triton 2's. Just wish there was a place to buy them that's not a couple hundred miles away.
Exactly. I couldn't even demo any of them. The "dealer" in my area didn't have any Triton 1's or 2's and said he didn't expect any for at least 3 to 4 months. Hard to sell speakers like that. I bought a used set of Salk HT-3's so it was probably a blessing, but I can't imagine how many sales they are losing because they are so hard to find.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Exactly. I couldn't even demo any of them. The "dealer" in my area didn't have any Triton 1's or 2's and said he didn't expect any for at least 3 to 4 months. Hard to sell speakers like that. I bought a used set of Salk HT-3's so it was probably a blessing, but I can't imagine how many sales they are losing because they are so hard to find.
I am curious who you dealer is, they must have been feeding you a line, because their is no backorder on the GE 5s or 1s.

D

Don G.

Junior Audioholic
I am curious who you dealer is, they must have been feeding you a line, because their is no backorder on the GE 5s or 1s.
Look and Listen, the only dealer within 100 miles of Mobile, AL. And they don't care, their business is setting up custom systems in your home. They stock some KEF speakers and a couple of models of Golden Ear, but no GE 1's or 2's.

like I said, I don't care, I ended up with better speakers anyway, but depending on companies like this to sell your speakers is a flawed business model and eliminates large geographical areas from considering the speakers. One should at least sell directly to customers who are not serviced by competent dealers. Or they can just continue to lose sales.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Not sure the number of audio dealers in Mobile, AL so I don't have a frame of reference, but understand your point. As a very happy T1 owner, I am in the Chicagoland area so I have pretty much every speaker option that it not ID within 50 miles, with the exception of RBH.

Seriously, though, you could have called GE directly and they probably would have connected you to Sandy, they take customer service very seriously. Bottom line it all worked out you have speakers you are happy with, unfortunately GE is not alone in having some bad dealer partners and just are not set up to go direct to consumer.

D

Don G.

Junior Audioholic
Two things I miss about Chicago, fly anywhere with no connections and the ability to drive an hour or less and buy almost anything you can think of.

Things I don't miss:
Weather
Traffic
Noise
Weather
Road Construction
Taxes
Weather
Did I mention the weather.....

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Well, I had an amp failure in 1 of my GE T2s! (not the T2+, but the original T2).

They are not technically in warranty. I'm pretty sure that it had been out for a couple of weeks before I even noticed it......that is a nod to the quality of the Rythmik F15HP! I bet I could run the T2 without the amps at all as long as I have that F15HP.

But, I called the dealer, they called GE, and it looks like this will be repaired "under warranty" and it looks like the dealer will actually do the swap and not charge me any labor either! I may end up having to pay some sales tax on the deal.

I had waited until I heard back from the dealer before posting, I think that was the fair thing to do--see how they intend to handle it before taking it on the forums.

If this all plays out like I have been told it will, then I will be quite a happy customer! The swap shouldn't take too long, and I will likely hang around the shop and check out some T1s and other new gear while I wait.

The only downside right now, it did take about 2 weeks from my call until the amp arrived at the dealer.

In the meantime, my P363 towers have been pulling the HT duty. If anyone had any doubts---The P363 is nowhere near the same league as the T2s.

I have also put my Philharmonitor (i.e. Alexis Rebecca) BS speakers into service in the HT for a while. Now, those speakers are definitely in the same league as the T2. Add the F15HP to the mix, and they are real contenders. I think the Phils are a bit more smooth response. But, the T2 digs deeper (with the built in amps), has better dynamics, and the imaging and soundstage on the T2 remains some of the best that I have ever personally heard. In a smaller room....I may take the Phils + sub over the T2.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Just returned from the dealer, with a healed T2. Took about 1 hour for the swap, and I didn't pay a dime!

This was a small hassle, cost me a couple of hours of time. But, no $ and it was done fairly quickly, it could have been a lot worse so it's tough to complain.

In retrospect, if I had it to do over again, I probably would have gone with the T5 and a pair of Rythmik subs, instead of the T2 and a single Rythmik sub. But, the T2 was the ONLY GE tower on the market when I bought mine, and I've certainly been quite satisfied with the SQ on the T2.

G

GIEGAR

Full Audioholic
In retrospect, if I had it to do over again, I probably would have gone with the T5 and a pair of Rythmik subs, instead of the T2 and a single Rythmik sub. But, the T2 was the ONLY GE tower on the market when I bought mine, and I've certainly been quite satisfied with the SQ on the T2.
Slippery, how have you got the Rythmik integrated with the T2's, in terms of hook-up and bass management etc? Thanks.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Slippery, how have you got the Rythmik integrated with the T2's, in terms of hook-up and bass management etc? Thanks.
The T2s are hooked up with speaker level connections only, this is the recommended connection from GE.

My Rythmik is on the LFE channel of my AVR.

I typically run my L/R T2s full range, and send signal to the sub (Pio calls this sub-plus setting). For my Pio, I can run Direct which sends signal to the sub, or Pure-Direct which does not.

I have it all tuned in by ear--yeah, I know that there are better ways to do it, just not gotten around to it yet, and it does sound quite good.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis