Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Guess what? You may want to stop excitedly jumping up and down until we know for certain this particular Xbox sends raw audio bitstreams (unlike the current iteration that only outputs converted PCM like the old "fat" PS3).

This is V-E-R-Y important for playing Dolby Atmos and DTS: X tracks from both Blu-ray and UHD Blu-ray discs. No bitstream capabilities? No immersive surround for you.
Hmmm...didn't know I was excitedly jumping up and down, but OK, thanks for you input. I doubt very highly that MS would release a 4k Blu-ray player that would not support ATMOS, but I could be wrong.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
I posted somewhere that I was looking at a 43 inch Sony 4K television. It's the largest set which I can get to go into my HT cabinet. Some here suggested not to buy it, stating, I would not be able to discern having a better picture. Well, trusting my own eyes, or I should say eye since I'm blind in one eye, I do see a better picture. It's 3 D like,
23825592441_e2c42919d3_z.jpg
, and very detailed. At any rate, I have not made the purchase yet but likely to, since my wife wants to relocate our current TV to the kitchen.

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I posted somewhere that I was looking at a 43 inch Sony 4K television. It's the largest set which I can get to go into my HT cabinet. Some here suggested not to buy it, stating, I would not be able to discern having a better picture. Well, trusting my own eyes, or I should say eye since I'm blind in one eye, I do see a better picture. It's 3 D like,View attachment 18443, and very detailed. At any rate, I have not made the purchase yet but likely to, since my wife wants to relocate our current TV to the kitchen.
That's nice, Sony makes a good TV, but in all honesty the TV you upgraded from was quite old, so seeing a improvement in picture quality is more likely from the higher contrast ratios and technology then the actual 4k. Either way congrats on the new TV

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Hmmm...didn't know I was excitedly jumping up and down, but OK, thanks for you input. I doubt very highly that MS would release a 4k Blu-ray player that would not support ATMOS, but I could be wrong.
I Eat CROW Xbox One S will does not currently support Atmos or lossy Dolby or DTS. I will just keep my original xbox one.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
48" 4K TV is an Oxymoron. You probably meant to say 84" 4k TV.
For TV typical distance of 8-10ft you'd want to start at a humble 75" 4k TV or higher sizes.
48" 4K monitor would be a more appropriate nomenclature.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Agreed, that also should imply than OP is using it within couple of feet
I'm only saying what I would use it for. If someone wants to get a 42" 4K television and sit 12 feet away from it, that's their journey. Unless the television has the benefit of HDR it's pretty much a zero sum game.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis