Last system I will ever need to own

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
I may have to come visit. Don't worry I will likely leave... no more than a few months I promise!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'm beginning to think that I chose the wrong profession ;)

Guess it's not too late to convert over with a chemistry background.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm beginning to think that I chose the wrong profession ;)

Guess it's not too late to convert over with a chemistry background.
Nah, just become a RBH dealer and you'll be building your dream house in no time. ;) :D

Well, okay, actually it takes 8 months to build the house. :eek:

jp_over

jp_over

Full Audioholic
ADTG,

I've read through this and enjoyed following along. You are one of the reasons I tried ATI amplifiers which will remain one of my favorites.

I didn't see it listed anywhere - have you gone away from separate subwoofers altogether? I imagine all those 10"s would be enough but was curious.

Thanks!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
ADTG,

I've read through this and enjoyed following along. You are one of the reasons I tried ATI amplifiers which will remain one of my favorites.

I didn't see it listed anywhere - have you gone away from separate subwoofers altogether? I imagine all those 10"s would be enough but was curious.

Thanks!
That's right. I am just using 5 x SX-1010s = Ten 10"-subs for subs/bass. No other subs.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Digging the Geothermal Earth Loops:

Starting the Keota Blue Brown Stones:

Kitchen Cabinets w/ 6'x6' island:

jp_over

jp_over

Full Audioholic
That's right. I am just using 5 x SX-1010s = Ten 10"-subs for subs/bass. No other subs.
Nice! Great looking house by the way too - another 10 years or so and we'll be building ours. I've been taking notes on your build and would also be glad to read about any lessons learned as you continue to work through all the details.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Nice! Great looking house by the way too - another 10 years or so and we'll be building ours. I've been taking notes on your build and would also be glad to read about any lessons learned as you continue to work through all the details.
Be glad to offer any advice to you. :D

1 thing I wish we had done was to drive around and look at actual houses for ideas. There are so many things that we just didn't think about.

For example, I didn't care for a circle drive in front, but my wife wanted one. If she had said that in the beginning, we could have just built the house a little bit farther into the land to make room for a circle drive in front.

I guess there are many things my wife never mentioned in the beginning. :eek: :D

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
TV stand for bedrooms:

Kitchen cabinets about done:

Continuing with exterior stones:

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Looks fantastic. Just got finished with my build as well. Still unpacking. Moved from north of Dallas to South of Austin. A bit cheaper here and way better scenery.

Nothing like your build though. Hope everything is smooth sailing from here on out.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Looks fantastic. Just got finished with my build as well. Still unpacking. Moved from north of Dallas to South of Austin. A bit cheaper here and way better scenery.

Nothing like your build though. Hope everything is smooth sailing from here on out.
Yeah, I can't wait. This build can't get done soon enough. The builder says "middle of October" is the expected completion, which would be 7 months of construction.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

Wow, now that is a change of scenery!

I think you will find south of Austin to have more friendly and laid back people, in general ;)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Wow, now that is a change of scenery!

I think you will find south of Austin to have more friendly and laid back people, in general ;)
No doubt. Folks in Dallas are in too much of a hurry if that makes sense. Not all that friendly either.

Wife is from New Braunfels so it made sense to move her since I got a work from home gig.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
No doubt. Folks in Dallas are in too much of a hurry if that makes sense. Not all that friendly either.

Wife is from New Braunfels so it made sense to move her since I got a work from home gig.
Nice!

I just did the river float in Martindale a few weeks ago.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My brother and cousins and some friends live in Dallas, so we drive to Dallas about 6 times a year. My cousin with his 8,000 SF house and $200K Focal Utopia speakers also live in Dallas.

I've been to Austin once. It was too quiet for me in terms of vacationing. But I also prefer the quieter life for actual living. :)

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Dallas is ok. I prefer Fort Worth :)

I've been to Austin a few times as well, but never for very long.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Dallas is ok. I prefer Fort Worth :)

I've been to Austin a few times as well, but never for very long.
I've driven through Fort Worth many times. I've always considered it as part of Dallas Metro.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I've driven through Fort Worth many times. I've always considered it as part of Dallas Metro.
We're pretty far apart. Sure, the DFW metroplex is huge and obviously encompasses Dallas and Fort Worth (along with all the surrounding cities and those in between), but Fort Worth is a city of 800,000+ on it's own.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis