Been listening to hsu vtf3-mk5 all night. Lol.

G

goneriding11

Audioholic Intern
So I finally bought one... I'm on my phone so short stories long.

I think it's still breaking in, was kinda upset until I turned volume up to 11:00 on the knob. Fell asleep for 3 hours on fairly low-medium playback. Turned everything off for 2 hours, came back to it, put volume at 12 o clock at holy poop. So accurate and loud... Even at very medium playback...1st thought, ok, time to save for one more. It's in a 17x12x8 room with a large open closet. Plus a bathroom but it has a door. It's our master. This thing is ridiculous. I am operating it both ports open, eq2, q.5. I haven't messed with much and probably won't. Maybe q at .7

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Should be a nice sub and perform really well after you have got in calibrated! Wish I had change to get bigger subs too, maybe some day..

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
It is a killer sub, amazing for the price. I had the opportunity to hear one at AXPONA 2015, what a beast. For the price, I don't think anything else comes close. I would love to see what Hsu could do at higher price points, like around $2k or so, but that seems to be against their mindset. It seems to me that if you asked them for a $2k hsu sub, they would tell you to just buy two $1k Hsu subs, which is probably a smarter idea than buying a $2k super sub anyway.

G

goneriding11

Audioholic Intern
I can say that I liked the psw505/f12 in here... If only for that reason, two really evened out the frequency response. This thing almost seems like... Hell I just don't know. I still haven't turned it up past -32 on a Yamaha receiver or messed with the settings. It almost seems like too much for the room. It's definitely more peaky than the 2 12's. But it's so accurate, as long as you are not right in the middle of our king bed, the nulls and peaks are minimal. This thing is beast! And yea, I bought it b/c I didn't want to ve disappointed in a pb-2000 and the $1200 rhythmic was too much. Plus the new 15h and vtf3 got such good reviews from multiple places. I cannot wait to monkey with this thing tomorrow night. I really want to just play it at lowish levels for 10 or so hours until I crank it. I mean, I do plan on buying a 2nd in 6-12 months so this thing needs broken in (I think... Any suggestions or tips?) Thanks for steering me in the right direction ShadyJ.

G

goneriding11

Audioholic Intern
Ignore that middle of the bed thing. It is so immersive, that I was just a little jealous of this one corner I dunno. It is ridiculously Loud and accurate. It's honestly kinda jaw dropping. That's all I got. Way worth $888. Mercy! Playing it at -38.... Crossed at 80hz, I swear it's just breaking in. -38 sounds like -35etc. Probably my ears are getting used to to it. No clue, don't care. *grin*

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis