Help choose emotiva sxp1 or rote

rotel rc1580 or emotiva scp1?

• Please help

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • To choose emotiva sxp1 or rotel rc1580?

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
H

Henry D

Audiophyte
Hi there
I am new to audio forum and need help.Did any one have hear or compare between Emotiva sxp1(generation 2) vs Rotel rc1580. Which one is sound best? And which one you prefer?I currently own parasound a21 + emotiva sxp1 pre-amp + b&w805 speaker.but i don't the sound too bright.I do love me warm sound.I want switch to rotel rb1582mk2 +rotel rc1580 pre-amp.any one suggest which way I go?should I keep parasound a21 pair with emotiva sxp1 preamp or switch to rotel rb1582 mk2 + rotel rc1580? And I hear that rotel sound are warmer than parasound?please help.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Amplifiers don't have much effect on the sound, so I think you are looking at wrong direction here. Generally electronics have 5% effect on sound and the speakers 95%. Speaker positioning and room acoustics have quite big impact to sound as well, so I would check this area first. You have good setup there, but changing amp/pre wont get you far from there. If you can't get it sound good in your room it is time to start listening to more speakers and find a speaker you like.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Use the HF trim controls perhaps? I'd also make sure speaker positioning and room cannot be improved upon first. Maybe get a preamp with an equalizer.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis