HELP with Logitech Companion remote

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
Hi - I am trying to synch my mcintosh MC302 amp with my remote but it is not working.

The remote does not recognize the model number and I clicked "i am sure this is the model number"

Then, I selected amp/avr

The the harmony desktop program begins to ask about what type of inputs the amp has... .It has balanced and RCA but these are not options in the list....

Does anyone have any advice on this or has anyone hooked up an external amp with a logitech remote?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi - I am trying to synch my mcintosh MC302 amp with my remote but it is not working.

The remote does not recognize the model number and I clicked "i am sure this is the model number"

Then, I selected amp/avr

The the harmony desktop program begins to ask about what type of inputs the amp has... .It has balanced and RCA but these are not options in the list....

Does anyone have any advice on this or has anyone hooked up an external amp with a logitech remote?
Remote controls don't care about balanced vs unbalanced inputs and outputs and if yours is the same as the one in this link, no remote will control it unless you have a preamp that has a 12VDC trigger output.

http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/us/Products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=Amplifiers&ProductId=MC302

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
Remote controls don't care about balanced vs unbalanced inputs and outputs and if yours is the same as the one in this link, no remote will control it unless you have a preamp that has a 12VDC trigger output.

http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/us/Products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=Amplifiers&ProductId=MC302
My Pioneer AVR has a trigger output and the MC AMP is hooked up to the avr How would I connect the PIO AVR to the MC amp with a trigger? The MC AMP has a "remote" mode for remote use. I assuming the "remote" notch on the front dial means that it can be controlled with a universal remote. Am I wrong?

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
My Pioneer AVR has a trigger output and the MC AMP is hooked up to the avr How would I connect the PIO AVR to the MC amp with a trigger? The MC AMP has a "remote" mode for remote use. I assuming the "remote" notch on the front dial means that it can be controlled with a universal remote. Am I wrong?
The Remote Mode is for using the trigger input, not for a remote to control the amp. You need a cable with 3.5mm (1/8") plugs on each end- they have a connection at the tip and another for the sleeve. Set the Mac's switch to Remote but remove it from the Harmony's configuration. Your Pioneer's setup may need to be changed to activate the trigger- check the manual for this.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Awesome thank you I will look into it.
Look for a mono 3.5mm TS cable if you can find one. Stereo TRS doesn't always work for remote triggering. If you can't find any that are long enough, you can cut it in the middle and splice in a stranded copper pair at whatever length you need.

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
I picked up a 3.5mm audio cable with male ends that are used for iPods etc. and it works.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis