Finally coming together

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
True, but if that's the case, why not 126x4" drivers? I mean, the bass will be so fast I probably won't even hear it because the sound waves will be moving so quickly.
At that point, it's just a matter of diminishing returns vs practicality. IME, 6.5" - 8" is the sweet spot :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Somehow managed to fry my f&#^$@#*? Cinepro, so I had to haul the Adcom downstairs. That's 100+lbs of amp if you're not familiar. Now the upstairs is being driven by the Marantz 7009, which shouldn't be too bad since those volume levels are pretty stress free. If anything feels strained, I can always move the Cinepro 600 upstairs since that is no longer needed downstairs since the Adcom is 7 channels. Still a royal PITA. Now I'm hemming and hawing over whether to attempt repair by sending to Bob at AB International or cut my losses and keep and eye out for a replacement. Anyways, it was just about the right way to finish a sh!t week. :D

Issue number 1, other than carrying it downstairs, is that this is 4" longer than the shelf it now has to sit on.

Hope that shelf holds. Had to raise the shelf above it so that it doesn't excessively dry out the wood. The great thing about the Cinepro is that it funneled all the heat to the rear heatsinks where there was also dual fans to push heat out the back. Kept the wooden shelves from getting too dry and cracking. This thing vents straight up, so it should be interesting to see how the shelves hold up.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Somehow managed to fry my f&#^$@#*? Cinepro, so I had to haul the Adcom downstairs. That's 100+lbs of amp if you're not familiar. Now the upstairs is being driven by the Marantz 7009, which shouldn't be too bad since those volume levels are pretty stress free. If anything feels strained, I can always move the Cinepro 600 upstairs since that is no longer needed downstairs since the Adcom is 7 channels. Still a royal PITA. Now I'm hemming and hawing over whether to attempt repair by sending to Bob at AB International or cut my losses and keep and eye out for a replacement. Anyways, it was just about the right way to finish a sh!t week. :D

Issue number 1, other than carrying it downstairs, is that this is 4" longer than the shelf it now has to sit on.

Hope that shelf holds. Had to raise the shelf above it so that it doesn't excessively dry out the wood. The great thing about the Cinepro is that it funneled all the heat to the rear heatsinks where there was also dual fans to push heat out the back. Kept the wooden shelves from getting too dry and cracking. This thing vents straight up, so it should be interesting to see how the shelves hold up.
Have I got a deal for you. Check with Bob what it would cost to repair and upgrade your Cinepro. I'll take yours the way it is and I'll give you my working 3k6. BTW if gets as hot as my Cinepro it will burn. It's not gonna catch on fire, but you will see it on the wood.

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Figured I would do a little test since I dismantled the UXL subs. Subs only with the dual LMS Ultras, played WOTW from the demo disc, made it up to 112db at -9.5 before the APC H15 went into overload and shut down.

I think I was just about at the limit of what the Crest could give as well, at least for that extreme infrasonic content. Not too shabby. I should also mention that it felt like the f*#$%&! house was coming down.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
This is what happened when I pushed that scene up to -10dB.
WOTW -10dB.png
and then -5dB...
WOTW -5dB.png
Never saw that one before... In my favor, while I don't cut the extreme infrasonic stuff, I'm not boosting it to flat either. Ohh, and nothing shut down either :p

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Yelling "INPUT OVERDRIVE" isn't technically shutting down but it ain't playing either so ...

Hey, what RTA are you using?
My system still played the clip, that's just Omnimic's way of telling me it's too damned loud.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
This is what happened when I pushed that scene up to -10dB.
View attachment 18148
and then -5dB...
View attachment 18149
Never saw that one before... In my favor, while I don't cut the extreme infrasonic stuff, I'm not boosting it to flat either. Ohh, and nothing shut down either :p
Ah, but your plugged into the wall. I'm not. Ergo, I've still got some left on the table ;)

And you're in a dedicated 20 amp line IIRC with a more powerful amp. Apples to Oranges buddy :p

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
What software is that? MyMovies? Good job. Starting your collection is the time consuming part. Now it gets easier.
It's DVDprofiler. I've had it for awhile, it has an online library, PC program, and apps. I've had it for awhile, but I got lazy and stopped updating it for awhile. A friend is coming over and wanted to see what movies I had before arriving so it forced me to update :D

I don't think they're prepared to see a link with 250+ movies though.

G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
It's DVDprofiler. I've had it for awhile, it has an online library, PC program, and apps. I've had it for awhile, but I got lazy and stopped updating it for awhile. A friend is coming over and wanted to see what movies I had before arriving so it forced me to update :D

I don't think they're prepared to see a link with 250+ movies though.
Thai is my first time hearing of DVDprofiler. Looks good. I used to use Kodi, but now I switched to Plex since all my devices use the Plex app including my parents Roku. Much easier to manage one than to use two jukeboxes.

I had a 4 jukeboxes before. Kodi, Plex, Zappiti and 10Muse.

My library keeps growing, and my server running out of space. I'm at 28 TB now. I believe at 760 movies 98% of them BD quality with HD sound ripped with MakeMKV. About 10% were ripped with AnyDVD HD + ClownBD. Now, I only use MakeMKV.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Thai is my first time hearing of DVDprofiler. Looks good. I used to use Kodi, but now I switched to Plex since all my devices use the Plex app including my parents Roku. Much easier to manage one than to use two jukeboxes.

I had a 4 jukeboxes before. Kodi, Plex, Zappiti and 10Muse.

My library keeps growing, and my server running out of space. I'm at 28 TB now. I believe at 760 movies 98% of them BD quality with HD sound ripped with MakeMKV. About 10% were ripped with AnyDVD HD + ClownBD. Now, I only use MakeMKV.
DVDprofiler isn't like Kodi or the others you mentioned. It's strictly an organizational tool. Currently I use Kodi for my movies.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Sort of HT related since I use it to control everything in the HT in the basement these days.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well, it's a far cry from the couple setups I've had in the recent past, but it'll get the job done for the time being while we're back in an apartment. Subwoofer isn't even hooked up, but I'm getting plenty of bass from these little bookshelves. They're just as good as I remember and I'm pretty glad I built them instead of buying a pair.

Much smaller than the last apartment, but hopefully a short-ish stepping stone to a house. Still, it's a pretty nice place and the area is much more like where we grew up.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis