Dual Opposed Mach 5 Audio FTW Build

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Coming along I see. For keeping enclosures square the corner clamps are a must for me. It takes 8 of them, but they are worth every penny

Must be nice to have rich man clamps. I'm a poor man getting by with pipe and corner clamps. Seriously this is almost finished. I hope he has a good lawyer on speed dial for handling noise complaints.
I have some corner clamps, but they haven't really worked out. I should probably look into different one's some day.

The Bessey's have been awesome. No regrets there.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
You're short a few clamps. Before your addiction is done, you'll be making and installing your own cabinets , building furniture, and changing the oil in your vehicles. Old Alex seems like the right mentor..

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
You're short a few clamps. Before your addiction is done, you'll be making and installing your own cabinets , building furniture, and changing the oil in your vehicles. Old Alex seems like the right mentor..
Well I already do most of that stuff, so maybe I should be mentoring him ;)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Copa America is over so time to make a little progress

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Good job sir! It should be smooth sailing from here. I'm always nervous on glue up. I've had a couple times when a foot was 10 inches on a cut.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Good job sir! It should be smooth sailing from here. I'm always nervous on glue up. I've had a couple times when a foot was 10 inches on a cut.
Thanks, lots more to do, but it should be 100 times easier once I get the wheels on. I'm thinking I'll probably glue or epoxy the wheels on and then bolt them instead of using screws. Hopefully that should keep them pretty secure when trying to wheel this thing around.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well, a couple moves and job changes later and I'm circling back to this build. I stored the cab I built for this, but at some point there was a leak, the bottom got wet and now it is basically just mold. So I guess I'll be rebuilding. I'll probably be around the same dimensions, although I think I'll be doing plywood this time instead of MDF. Should be a good time.

Since Photobucket sh!t the bed I'll upload some new pics.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
That sucks about the mold. I now have scavenged a couple of pallets and, at a minimum, put anything important that I store in my basement on two by fours.
My current basement stays dry (many haven't in the past), but there is always the risk of a hot water heater leak or the condensate pump from the AC unit failing, etc!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That sucks about the mold. I now have scavenged a couple of pallets and, at a minimum, put anything important that I store in my basement on two by fours.
My current basement stays dry (many haven't in the past), but there is always the risk of a hot water heater leak or the condensate pump from the AC unit failing, etc!
I hear you. This was actually at my Dads business. We put it in a place where it never leaked before, but as luck would have it there's always a first time for everything :rolleyes:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm reviving this one. Although I'm switching gears due to size constraints. More updates to come.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm guilty of some sub procrastination myself, maybe you'll motivate me. Good luck.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
The thread is only two years old. This is hardly a revival. More like being nudged awake in church before the sin of snoring.

You're actually ahead of schedule.
I actually found the zebrawood baffles for the NaO Note II RS yesterday too. So as soon as my local supplier gets more plywood in I'm going to swing back and grab some. The only parts I'm missing are the tweeters............

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
...I've been sitting here waiting...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis