First time setting up loudspeaker system - Need help!

S

ShadowX120

Audiophyte
Hi, so I've been put in charge to setting up the loudspeaker / DJ system for my cousin's engagement event next Saturday, and I desperately need help to getting my system all setup. I'm completely new to all of this, but learning as I go. I ended up ordering a pair of 3600W passive speakers (yes, I didn't really know what I was thinking when ordering, but a bit too late to return, as on a time crunch).

Currently, I'll be hooking up a wireless microphone system to this as well. But what I really need right now is an amplifier that can power all of this. I'm also on a bit of a budget, so any amp that can power this entire system for under $350 (and that can get here before the 19th), would be very helpful.

The speakers are 8 ohm each, with 1800W RMS and 3600W peak.

For my current setup, I have bought the VMAudio VAS4212P 12" speakers. I also have the Pyle PDWM4300 mic / transmitter system.

The amp I'm currently looking at is the Behringer Europower EP4000. I was planning to use this in bridge mode with the speakers.

(I would post links, but since I don't have enough posts, it won't let me).

If someone could give me feedback on this possible setup, as well as any suggestions for getting this entire thing hooked up properly, I would extremely appreciate it! I desperately need help on this, as not a lot of time remaining before the big event...

Thanks! :)

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Preamp? Equalizer? Source? Cables? Electrical?

The speakers you bought are some of the worst the internet has to offer. And you're going to need a lot more than $350 to have a complete working system. Using wireless mic's also requires a bit of working knowledge.

The question becomes, are you willing to throw in the towel, admit that you, "bit off more than you can chew"? Or realize you're going to need to put a lot more money in to this as well as some required reading so you actually understand what you are doing?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Wish you had posted here earlier before you had bought anything and with more time in hand. To get setup like that running properly needs a lot more work than you might think of. For few hundred I think you could of rented a good system with good instructions to start with.

If we had more time to work with perhaps we could of figured something good out for you for the budget, depending on how big the space you are dealing with is and how many people there will be.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis