Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I talked to a guy getting degreed in physics. He said that one of the ramifications of gravity waves is that the speed of light is not a constant and that's a problem in physics. Wasn't it last year that they figured that the first time they thought they detected gravity waves it was actually unaccounted for space dust? I'm having a crisis of ignorance.
It's way above my pay grade. I thought gravity waves explained why those big black SUVs always tailgate on the freeway. I guess I'm having a crisis too.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I talked to a guy getting degreed in physics. He said that one of the ramifications of gravity waves is that the speed of light is not a constant and that's a problem in physics. Wasn't it last year that they figured that the first time they thought they detected gravity waves it was actually unaccounted for space dust? I'm having a crisis of ignorance.
All that is stuff you just don't need to know so don't ask again...

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
My eldest son has now entered the world of shooting spitballs. I am prepared...
I got caught once throwing spitballs in the 2nd grade. The punishment from my teacher was to stay 1 hour after school and throw spitballs... then clean them up.

She let me draw a target on the chalkboard. I played army for an hour, chewing spitballs and popping up from behind desks to throw at the target. I thought it was the coolest day I'd ever had in school. What a dumb teacher! Then my father came to pick me up, (since I missed the bus).

I got a lot of spankings as a kid, but specifically remember only a few. This is one I remember. Never threw another spitball in school. I guess the teacher wasn't as dumb as I thought.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I got caught once throwing spitballs in the 2nd grade. The punishment from my teacher was to stay 1 hour after school and throw spitballs... then clean them up.

She let me draw a target on the chalkboard. I played army for an hour, chewing spitballs and popping up from behind desks to throw at the target. I thought it was the coolest day I'd ever had in school. What a dumb teacher! Then my father came to pick me up, (since I missed the bus).

I got a lot of spankings as a kid, but specifically remember only a few. This is one I remember. Never threw another spitball in school. I guess the teacher wasn't as dumb as I thought.
My "Not Getting Hit" desire was strong for one so young. I don't think I ever got whaled on for anything I did in school. Not by my parents and not be the teachers. I just knew from my dealings with a sister and brother who were 7 and 9 years older than me that there was no escaping their wrath should things go sour ... unless you were willing to cut a b!tch

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I don't think I ever got whaled on for anything I did in school. Not by my parents and not be the teachers.
To me, most of the time it was sort of a game. None of the things I did were really bad, just mischief. If I got away with it, I won. If I got caught, I got a spanking. (If it was at school, that meant one at school and one when I got home. They always called my parents.)

There was a huge variation in severity of the spankings. School principal used a canoe paddle. Dad used his belt. Mama used a flimsy little sewing ruler that was really just for show.

Spankings rarely stopped me from doing anything. They did, however, teach me to anticipate potential consequences, then decide if the reward was worth the risk. I'm not convinced "time out" does that effectively.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Watched the first 5 episodes of Better Call Saul last night :D. It is much better than we expected and we loved it. Five stars for Slipping Jimmy.

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
How did this go from ripples in Gravity waves – to spitballs – to corporal punishment?

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
There is no such thing as gravity.

It's just that the earth sucks.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
"My boy-alogical clock is ticking. I want me some gay-bies."

- wanna be adoptive parent on TV

It makes me think of the knowing glances Rick and Doug share when they see strollers on The Board Walk.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord

It makes me think of the knowing glances Rick and Doug share when they see strollers on The Board Walk.
We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan

The last time I saw Rick he was in a stroller on the boardwalk...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm going to go listen for differences with Auto PEQ, GEQ (-3 db @ 63 Hz) and off on the 663 ... while I eat. One of you fatties must be starvin' by now. Well I'm eatin' pasta. Baked it in the oven with cheese on it to reheat it.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I'm going to go listen for differences with Auto PEQ, GEQ (-3 db @ 63 Hz) and off on the 663 ... while I eat. One of you fatties must be starvin' by now. Well I'm eatin' pasta. Baked it in the oven with cheese on it to reheat it.
Stop the food talk. I am starving and have some awesome leftover meatloaf I brought in for lunch. Must wait until at least 11:30.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Stop the food talk. I am starving and have some awesome leftover meatloaf I brought in for lunch. Must wait until at least 11:30.
Carrots are a good thing to eat if you're hungry and plan to stay that way. :D

So hey, here's what I have spent the last few years not knowing about ny rec'rs. The 663 lets me easily hear comparisons and it turns out that YPAO cuts out some weird lower frequency resonance that muddies up vocals. But that won't affect the analog audio inputs from my Oppo, will it?

Adam, where for art thou?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis