KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'm jelly.
Careful!!! Wording!!!
Alex and Doug are liable to think you are looking for some action, go get a roll of duct tape, a very large jar of peanut butter, and turn you into their own special kind of sandwich!

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Careful!!! Wording!!!
Alex and Doug are liable to think you are looking for some action, go get a very large jar of peanut butter, and turn you into their own special kind of sandwich!
My body is ready. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
It was only a matter of time before it devolved to this but so quick and without the aid of Adam ... kind of impressive actually. :D

... anyway, out of mostly boredom and a constant need for GN's approval I submit the following:

Here's the main view ...

Some sh!t happened and my solution is as follows ...

The desk above is still just a stain/sealer. No finish yet but the EC is a done deal with a coat of amber shellac topped with a semi gloss poly. Here's one last pic.

Well, one more ...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I had a talk with Rick about painting the sides of older kitchen cabinets to get relief from the dated sometimes vinyl veneer. I mentioned taking a pic but somehow skipped the kitchen part.

This is the record shelf Eddie gave me.

I painted the shelf side the same color as the adjacent wall to the right. I really should have painted it the color of the wall on the left or the door and trim color but that was more work. Anything is better than welfare wood brown. Not that there's anything wrong with welfare, wood or brown.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Looks really nice, what is the final coat with?
The box is high gloss poly. The shelf over the box is semi gloss poly. The bed frame and support for foot of bed so far are just natural stain/sealer. It has different finishes, styles and levels of refinement according to what I thought to be right and doable at the time. My current thing is natural stain sealer, 2 lb cut amber shellac for a first coat and semi-gloss poly for a finish.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
The box is high gloss poly. The shelf over the box is semi gloss poly. The bed frame and support for foot of bed so far are just natural stain/sealer. It has different finishes, styles and levels of refinement according to what I thought to be right and doable at the time. My current thing is natural stain sealer, 2 lb cut amber shellac for a first coat and semi-gloss poly for a finish.
I just finished re-finished of an old secretary using blackfire auto finish and for a 50+ year old unit it looks nice. Ill take pics when i get home

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Butt connectors ...

On the coldest day of the year I get a call about the car's power steering acting up ...

... but, you know.

Here's the back of the rec'r with the BJC splitters on the sub and main pre-outs.

The back of the ampstrocity ...

From under there ... under where? You need to try harder. Stick your head in there.

The current state of disarray:

So I finally got YPAO working about a month ago but didn't know how to go back to flat. It stayed on until I guess I hit the wrong button and the little light went away. The latest assault to these MB-OWI 3-ways and DIY subs has been the passive bi-amplification of the speakers with the Aragon 2007. I am also now using the Aragon 2007 to power up the DIY subs.

YPAO has been run again and saved in the system memory. Memory guard has been activated. I'd like to be able to go in and modify setting but the last time I attempted that I ended up losing YPAO. I was able to see the graph and correlate what I was seeing and hearing. It's a huge improvement but I still want to understand how to do my own adjustments. That's for later though.

I've figured out that I can easily play music @ 70 db without disturbing TV viewing in the next room. Now I know a lot of you are going to say that I need a bigger amp. Right now I've got some Jazz going at ~ 56 db. Last night I gave Venus Hum a go: I Feel Love, Blue Man Group. The last thing she does with her voice in that song is something I have been paying attention to for a long time. These speakers have been on a long, hard road. Some cross over re-work and tweeter replacement have them in the state they are in and it's been worth it. Based on the strength of what I hear in that half second or so, I am going with this as my audio solution until I save enough for the cubes.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis