Different length XLR's

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Hey guys,

We just moved and I decided to reorganize the components in my AV rack. I use to have my XMC1 directly above my XPA5 connected with 1.5ft XLR's. Well now I've got the XMC and XPA next to each other so the 1.5's won't reach anymore.

I just bought a set of 3' XLR's but I think a couple of the 1.5's will still reach. So will there be a problem if I mix a couple of 1.5' XLR's with 3' ones?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Not an issue. When you consider how fast the signal travels through the wire you'll realize how pointless this worry is.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
You heard about the gravity waves from the collision involving two black holes? That.:D

L

Latent

Full Audioholic
Hey that's a great idea. Find some audiophile who swears that he can hear it when his XLR cables add delay from being different lengths. Then set him up with some long XLR cables of equal length that are placed ready to detect gravity wave distortion and leave him there 24/7 listening to the sound and he can yell out when he hears one.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Hey that's a great idea. Find some audiophile who swears that he can hear it when his XLR cables add delay from being different lengths. Then set him up with some long XLR cables of equal length that are placed ready to detect gravity wave distortion and leave him there 24/7 listening to the sound and he can yell out when he hears one.
Great! Put the whole universe at risk, why doncha.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis