Epson 5030ub 3D setup?

T

Twitchingdog

Audiophyte
New to forum, so thanks in advance!!

I just started setting up my new theater project by installing an Epson 5030ub projector and 110" Elite Evanescence in-ceiling projector. I installed everything myself and super happy with picture and size.

When I purchased the Epson it came with a pair of 3D glasses, that I attempted to try out using my cable providers HBO 3D signal. The signal comes in side by side, which I set accordingly. However, when trying to watch with glasses on, the picture seems to start from about 3ft from the left side of the screen. Meaning the picture doesn't utilize the whole screen. Is this normal? After trying several combinations I gave up.

Is there a trick to getting 3D to fill the screen like normal HD?

Thanks

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
You can try L.box or 4.3 screen settings. Maybe show us a pic of the screen?

T

Twitchingdog

Audiophyte
Thanks. So, I went to take a picture of the issue and everything was working fine now. :confused:

I think I know what the problem was. I may have had the 2D to 3D conversion setting on at the same time the projector was doing its the standard side by side 3D conversion.

All good now. Thanks for response

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
You will see better results using Blu-ray Discs which are 3D. The frame-packed 3D format is automatically recognized by projectors and 'just works' for most people.

Glad to hear your problem seems to have resolved itself.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis