What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Main reason for upgrading was the ISO capabilities in my old 40D and for that I'm very satisfied. During post processing it feals also that the levers in Lightroom are working better, probably the higher DR. When it comes to speed I have not really had the chance to really give it a hard time yet.
The "negative" side is the increased RAW file size that gives my 4,5 year old PC a hard time but that means I have something to throw money in next :)
Nice post some pics on the Cool pictures thread.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
FINALLY found a mediocre price on one of these. Thinking of picking up some Xpand glasses to go with it.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Nah, the Xpand's aren't overspending. The one's you linked are IR and the emitter is RF. Plus the Xpand's are the closest to the OEM glasses according to different forums. Staying closest to the OEM spec means more light passes through the glasses and you get a brighter image due to something or other. In theory my Samsung glasses will work, but there's an issue with them being slightly off, causing a darker image, also according to the forums. I'll see how it all shakes out when the Emitter gets here. The local BB has the Xpand glasses so I can always buy and return if the Samsung glasses don't work out.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
A/V related stuff within last 30 days:
CD & Vinyl - Best of Sade
DVD movies - Harry & Tonto, TCM Legends (Bette Davis, Cary Grant), Paper Moon, Noises Off!, Young at Heart.
DVD Documentary - Ken Burns' Jazz
Blu-Ray - Mel Brooks Collection
Furman Plug Lock - for wall warts used by A/V gear.
Books - The Great Jazz Guitarists by Scott Yanow; Jazz 101: Guide to listening and loving Jazz by John Szwed.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
A/V related stuff within last 30 days:
CD & Vinyl - Best of Sade
DVD movies - Harry & Tonto, TCM Legends (Bette Davis, Cary Grant), Paper Moon, Noises Off!, Young at Heart.
DVD Documentary - Ken Burns' Jazz
Blu-Ray - Mel Brooks Collection
Furman Plug Lock - for wall warts used by A/V gear.
Books - The Great Jazz Guitarists by Scott Yanow; Jazz 101: Guide to listening and loving Jazz by John Szwed.
I love that Ken Burns Jazz Doc!!!

I picked up the 4 disc CD set used but in great shape for around $20!!!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000050HVG/ref=tmm_acd_used_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1455202012&sr=8-2

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
You bought an ET? :p and T doesn't stand for terrestrial..
I did indeed buy an "Extra Telescope" :D

But, I bought a 90mm travel scope. I actually sent it to my Dad so that he can use it for a while and I can use it when I visit.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Nah, the Xpand's aren't overspending. The one's you linked are IR and the emitter is RF. Plus the Xpand's are the closest to the OEM glasses according to different forums. Staying closest to the OEM spec means more light passes through the glasses and you get a brighter image due to something or other. In theory my Samsung glasses will work, but there's an issue with them being slightly off, causing a darker image, also according to the forums. I'll see how it all shakes out when the Emitter gets here. The local BB has the Xpand glasses so I can always buy and return if the Samsung glasses don't work out.
Are you sure that's the glasses? The image will generally be darker in 3D period. Let me know how they go. I use a separate setting for 3D that has more backlight and contrast.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I just received today:
blu-ray movies of Spectre and the Criterion Collection of Seven Samurai (Akira Kurosawa, the inspiration for the western classic "The Magnificent Seven").

Tried to upload pictures but I guess I don't have that privilege yet, or need to use Photo Bucket?

Ty Wayne

Ty Wayne

Audioholic
6 inch reflector telescope!
Sweet! I've got a 10 inch Orion Dobsonian (XT10). I probably bought it 10 years ago (or more) and it cost me around $700.00 if I remember correctly. Not counting the money I put into various eye pieces. I havent taken it out much over the past several years (its a beast), as I have 3 little kids and it takes up the entire back seat of my truck! :) I need to get out and do some observing. I miss it.

BTW, cool pics. Cant believe you did that with a cell phone! I really need to invest in a new phone. My old a** is still using about an 8 year old flip phone!!!! LOL!

Ty Wayne

Ty Wayne

Audioholic
As you guys probably have predicted!! :rolleyes: :p

Oh man. Cant wait to get my hands on this. I love Bond. Ole lady got me the bluray box set a couple of years ago. Not sure why I've not ordered Spectre yet? Its almost like I dont want the anticipation to go away, I guess?? Hope its better than the ratings its received! Matters not though, as I will be getting the bluray soon! :)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Sweet! I've got a 10 inch Orion Dobsonian (XT10). I probably bought it 10 years ago (or more) and it cost me around $700.00 if I remember correctly. Not counting the money I put into various eye pieces. I havent taken it out much over the past several years (its a beast), as I have 3 little kids and it takes up the entire back seat of my truck! :) I need to get out and do some observing. I miss it.

BTW, cool pics. Cant believe you did that with a cell phone! I really need to invest in a new phone. My old a** is still using about an 8 year old flip phone!!!! LOL!
Yup, I hold onto phones for a long time too. This last upgrade was worth it just for the excellent camera on the phone.

Yup, that's why I went 6"......that's the largest that I would want to move while attached to the base. Consider buying a smaller 4.5" Reflector Star Blast or XT Dob for portability, maybe get the kids involved too.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

I did indeed buy an "Extra Telescope" :D

But, I bought a 90mm travel scope. I actually sent it to my Dad so that he can use it for a while and I can use it when I visit.
You know I'm jealous. If I ever get a full time gig I'd love to get one. Enjoy Slip! Post some pics on Cool Photos!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Bought a new SVS PB2000 from my local dealer today and brought home to...my son. Took his nearly new SB2000 in exchange. Now we are both quite happy!

I couldn't take the PB2000 to my own home because:

A: It's too big for any spot in my room and I really don't need to go so deep but did want more than what my outgoing SB1000 can deliver. Having a two-family home and a really good tenant below me I do not wish to disturb her anymore than I already do.

B: He's using his system for at least 75% music & gaming and has a bigger room in a single family home he owns, No one else to bother except his big brother in the downstairs in-law apartment. If he's bothered, feel free to move out. ;)

The obligatory photo of my new one:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis