DeadPool - Short Review

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
1. Awesome!

To elaborate: Perfect Casting, decent villain, good story, entertaining characters, TONS of politically incorrect humor and stays true to the comic persona...and stay until the credits are over.

2. Go See

3. Repeat - with all those jokes, you are going to miss some the first time around

It's easy to get sick of so many super hero (or anti-hero) movies, but this one is different. Think Ant Man with an 'R' Rating.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I definitely look forward to watching Deadpool.

The trailers look awesome.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Gonna see it tomorrow. I'm expecting a lot from this one.

Ryan Reynolds deserves a shot to make up for his Green Lantern fiasco. Hopefully, this is it.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Gonna see it tomorrow. I'm expecting a lot from this one.

Ryan Reynolds deserves a shot to make up for his Green Lantern fiasco. Hopefully, this is it.

He more than makes up for it, and makes fun of it, in the movie...you shall see. I kept the review short because I don't want to give anything away ;)

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
He more than makes up for it, and makes fun of it, in the movie...you shall see. I kept the review short because I don't want to give anything away ;)
Great! He was great in Blade:Trinity so I thought he would have been good in GL, but I wuz wrong.

But, his frat boy style and humor really didn't work in that one. This role seems like a natural for him.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Great! He was great in Blade:Trinity so I thought he would have been good in GL, but I wuz wrong.

But, his frat boy style and humor really didn't work in that one. This role seems like a natural for him.
I always felt that Green Lantern held him back. As if the producers had their fingers in the film and didn't allow the movie to be as good as it should have been.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Ok, we saw it. It's a hoot.

It's also more "adult" than any other Marvel (or any comic book) movie I've ever seen Between the language, subject matter and blood and guts, I don't really think this a kids movie.

On the plus side, Ryan Reynolds found the role of his life. He dispatches bad guys and wisecracks with equal aplomb. .and he's good at it. real good.

It's obvious that nobody involved took this too seriously. The opening credits attest to that and there's no fourth wall. Deadpool is in on the joke and winks at us more than once and flat out talks to us. That's a good way to move the story along and, believe it or not, it actually works..

There subtle, and not too subtle links to ral life, Reynolds past and various cracks on the Marvel universe in general. Like Skizzer said, I'll need to see I again just to make sure I picked up on 'em all. This is a very fast paced movie.

Go see it, Be prepared to laugh but, please, see it first before letting your kids zee it. It ain't the X MEn.

[edit] Just found this. https://www.ksl.com/?sid=38443187&nid=1205

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Ok, we saw it. It's a hoot.

It's also more "adult" than any other Marvel (or any comic book) movie I've ever seen Between the language, subject matter and blood and guts, I don't really think this a kids movie.

On the plus side, Ryan Reynolds found the role of his life. He dispatches bad guys and wisecracks with equal aplomb. .and he's good at it. real good.

It's obvious that nobody involved took this too seriously. The opening credits attest to that and there's no fourth wall. Deadpool is in on the joke and winks at us more than once and flat out talks to us. That's a good way to move the story along and, believe it or not, it actually works..

There subtle, and not too subtle links to ral life, Reynolds past and various cracks on the Marvel universe in general. Like Skizzer said, I'll need to see I again just to make sure I picked up on 'em all. This is a very fast paced movie.

Go see it, Be prepared to laugh but, please, see it first before letting your kids zee it. It ain't the X MEn.

[edit] Just found this. https://www.ksl.com/?sid=38443187&nid=1205
Deadpool is in the movie as he in the comics, he talks to the readers as well. I am definitely going to see it a second time, but I need to see Zoolander 2 first

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Didn't like it much. Technically, everything was OK, but I think I have just seen too many Marvel Movies. This guy wasn't even fun, just crude and sociopathic. I understand that it was true to the comix, but so what. I guess the R rating was a gamble, but as near as I can tell, at my local theater, the crowd of 10-12 year olds who are the usual fans of leotard characters, was replaced buy a lot of guys who had all been drinking before the movie, were in urgent need of the pissery and appeared to be in the mood for a bar fight.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Loved it. Exactly what I thought it could be. Glad they waited for the R rating.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Loved it. Exactly what I thought it could be. Glad they waited for the R rating.
I just hope they didn't cut off their nose to spite their face by writing off the kiddie market. .They seem to be Marvel's main support group. ...just ask my grandkids

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I just hope they didn't cut off their nose to spite their face by writing off the kiddie market. .They seem to be Marvel's main support group. ...just ask my grandkids
Judging by the audience I saw today, the kids ain't missing anything.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Deadpool bowed to an estimated $135 million this weekend, becoming the first R-rated movie ever to break $100 million in its opening weekend.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
You obviously haven't been to a Comic Con... a LOT of middle aged overweight fans watch those movies too. Even if it may be out of their mom's basement ;). JK I am approaching middle age, but I enjoy those movies. 135 million says a lot about the adult value these movies have. Or their may be a lot of irresponsible parents out there too.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Or their may be a lot of irresponsible parents out there too.
Youngest audience member at my showing was under 10 and there were at least 20 who were definitely under 17.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Didn't like it much. Technically, everything was OK, but I think I have just seen too many Marvel Movies. This guy wasn't even fun, just crude and sociopathic. I understand that it was true to the comix, but so what. I guess the R rating was a gamble, but as near as I can tell, at my local theater, the crowd of 10-12 year olds who are the usual fans of leotard characters, was replaced buy a lot of guys who had all been drinking before the movie, were in urgent need of the pissery and appeared to be in the mood for a bar fight.
I haven't seen it, but you and my daughter are of a mind. She said there were lots of jokes in the dialogue that everyone was laughing at, but she couldn't appreciate them because of how horrific and graphic the torture scene(s) was.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
I haven't seen it, but you and my daughter are of a mind. She said there were lots of jokes in the dialogue that everyone was laughing at, but she couldn't appreciate them because of how horrific and graphic the torture scene(s) was.
This might be the "grown up" Marvel. I'm guessing that the drunk guys who were in the theater on my night probably were the same kids who saw Spiderman back in its more innocent days. The ticket money numbers seem to suggest that the change in the franchise will be a profitable one. I guess you can't go wrong in the entertainment industry by being TOO cynical. It will be interesting to see what happens in the sequels. I'm guessing that the X Men will eventually ween Deadpool from his homicidal ways, and bring him out of the Dark Side.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My younger daughter (22 yo) watched it with her boyfriend and really liked it. She's not much into the Marvel comics like I am but she said she would watch it again.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis