What are you guys using to organize you cords on the back side

H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
I keep telling myself that I'm going to organize everything back there. So far I bought some Velcro straps and have a million and one zip-ties around, I just haven't done anything. I did use one of my velcro straps to wind up my extra HDMI cables, but that's it.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
Mine used to be neat in the past but with more things in the system and limited space it has gotten beyond control and I'm just not terribly concerned with it at this point.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I try to keep everything organized and neat. I don't like rats nests. When I am installing systems for a customer I cable tie everything because they are not likely to ever touch anything once it's done and it makes for a very neat setup. I don't use as many cable ties in my systems because I change stuff out and move things around semi-regularly.

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/Hi_Ho/Theater/

I converted a closet into a rack and moved all of my components into it. Easy access to the rear of the components makes everything much more pleasant to deal with. I have my wires as neat as possible without the use of too many cable ties. Power goes down one side of the rack while everythint else goes down the other.

My system uses all HDMI except for the VCR and DVD recorder but I have analog audio run as well so I can use the zone 2/3 functions on my receiver. If I didn't have to do that I would eliminate a huge amount of clutter.

My PC desk used to look like this...

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/Hi_Ho/P1040279.jpg

It's amazing what little wire management will do...

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/Hi_Ho/PC Desk/

Last edited:
KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I need to neaten-up. Which cables are OK to group together and which should be separate from anything and everything? I'm not talking about elevated $500/ft speaker cables and $3000 1 meter interconnects, just the practical everyday guy with equipment a step or two above HTIB level.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I will take a picture tonight of the rats nest I have in the back of my set up :oops:

Goodband

Goodband

Audioholic
Need to organize my cables ... weekend project!

I'll post a pic when I am done ... plan on using zip ties.

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
billg71

billg71

Audioholic Intern
I was wondering how do you guys organize your wiring behind your rigs?Pictures if you could also.
I don't worry too much about it, I run the power cables left-right into some loose zip-ties screwed to the back of the vertical rack and cross the signal cables at 90 degrees. Then they just come down and pile up at the bottom. I try to match cable lengths to the distance between components but there's always some excess pooled behind the receiver so I can get it out without unplugging everything.

I've read of people using toilet paper cores to corral excess cable but it just seems like too much trouble for me. YMMV.

Best,
Bill

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis