What are you watching tonight?

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
Last night I streamed XXX on Netflix. Despite the name, there wasn't a single money shot and barely any nudity.

OTOH, it was a fun action movie with good stunts. It was a better spy movie than most Bond films.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Not on tonight but...

Been watching the new X-Files revival...

Never missed an episode of the show when it used to be on, and the episodes are pretty darn good...
I'll admit, I thought that the first two episodes kind of sucked. It's like they tried to dismiss so much from the original series. The original series started off slow, though, so I'll get it a couple more. I'm about twenty minutes into the third one and do like it a lot more than the first couple, though, because it's back to the "monster of the week" type of episode.

It's nice to see that Mulder and Scully can still transition from an episode about some revelation regarding aliens to an episode where they act like that stuff has never ever been part of their lives - that's sarcasm, btw. :) That always drove me nuts in the original.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I did NOT like it that much. Maybe partly because the guys are better looking than the girls, yikes. I will watch the 2nd part out of curiosity. I need to give Arrow a seconds chance. The Flash I liked (although a bit silly) the premiere episode but have have not seen the others + cute ladies in this one. :)
I meant to say I did not like it that much. Damn keyboard. :mad:

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched Neighbours starring Seth Rogan. It wasn't a particular funny movie but it had its moments.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I saw MacBeth 2015 (Michael Fassbender). It was good for what it is. I really hate that old English dialogue, though. Never could stand it. :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
We enjoyed Bridge of Spies. Not as good as tinker Tailor but still good. Was surprised it was written by the Coen brothers.
I liked it. I thought it had a different feel to it than Tinker Tailor, a little lighter. Very good, but definitely without as much of the suspense I felt during Tinker Tailor.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I finally cracked my Christmas present with the Fast N Furious bluray collection.. I watched the first one on Netflix. I watched the 2nd one, 2Fast2Furious last night.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I watched MacBeth last night. I liked it :)
Why couldn't they use regular English for once? :)

I hardly recognized Michael Fassbender in McBeth, especially in the beginning with that war paint on this face. Funny watching him in "Steve Jobs" and then "MacBeth". :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I've been watching Cinemax's "Strike Back". There are 5 seasons. I'm on the season 5 - the final season.

I know it's not a fair comparison because they have a lot more time to develop on TV, but I think this is so much better than any James Bond movie ever made.

Too bad they stopped after season 5. :(

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Recently watched a couple of movies on DVD:

Noises Off is a 1992 comedy film directed by Peter Bogdanovich. The screenplay by Marty Kaplan is based on the 1982 play of the same name by Michael Frayn.

An ensemble cast includes Michael Caine, Carol Burnett, Christopher Reeve, John Ritter, Marilu Henner, Nicollette Sheridan, Julie Hagerty and Mark Linn-Baker.

Also featured is the final performance of Denholm Elliott, who died that same year.

The Wrong Box (1966) is a British comedy film made by Salamander Film Productions and distributed by Columbia Pictures. It was produced and directed by Bryan Forbes from a screenplay by Larry Gelbart and Burt Shevelove, based on the 1889 novel The Wrong Box by Robert Louis Stevenson and Lloyd Osbourne.

The cast includes a number of Britain's leading actors and comic actors of the time, including John Mills, Ralph Richardson, Michael Caine, Peter Cook, Dudley Moore, Peter Sellers, Irene Handl and Tony Hancock.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I just finished the last episode of Breaking Bad - man that series was darrrrrk. But, the finale seemed appropriate. Everyone who needed killin' got their just desserts, in the end. I'm looking forward to watching Better Call Saul. He provided some much-needed levity in BB.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just finished the last episode of Breaking Bad - man that series was darrrrrk. But, the finale seemed appropriate. Everyone who needed killin' got their just desserts, in the end. I'm looking forward to watching Better Call Saul. He provided some much-needed levity in BB.
My wife hated the premise of "Breaking Bad", but absolutely loved the show after she finally gave in and watched the show. :D

It is the highest rated show of all times on IMDB.

My wife and I finished season 1 of "Better Call Saul". I thought it was not anywhere near as awesome as "Breaking Bad", but I still liked it a lot. OTOH, my wife absolutely hated "Better Call Saul". So I will have to watch season 2 all by myself. :(

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched "The Last Witch Hunter" which was cheezey as expected but entertaining nevertheless. I also finished Season4 of Lost Girl

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
UFC 196

SPOILER ALERT...DO NOT SCROLL DOWN IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW.
It's Comming ;)

CAN YOU SAY UPSET:

WAR DIAZ

TATE finally earns UFC GOLD

What a night of upsets...Connor Hype Train Derailed.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I watched "The Last Witch Hunter" which was cheezey as expected but entertaining nevertheless. I also finished Season4 of Lost Girl
I also watched "Last Witch Hunter". It was okay.

I also finished Lost Girl S04 this weekend and started on the S05 (final season).

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I have been watching a BBC series called Time Team which is a archeological show. They did a special on Stonehenge and basically televised the 6 year dig of it and the surrounding area by a renowned team (I cant remember the lead Archeologistor the University he represented but it was not Time Team) . Basically Stonehenge was part of a bigger project including the much bigger Durrington Walls. Durrington Walls was wood based and was used to worship life. Stonehenge was built to commemorate the dead. It started out as rock henge and not as earthen henge as previously thought. The team calculated that both Stonehenge and Durrington Henge were built in the span of 35 years. Quite interesting. Its on You tube...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Finished the final season 5 of "Strike Back". I am definitely going to miss that TV series. :(

Watching that series was like watching all the James Bond movies + Act of Valor + Homeland TV series.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Wiring in the last season of Dexter, reading the book series as well, they go on completly different directions, funny book. TV Series great as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis