iTunes Download Disappointment

• Thread starter sterling shoote
  • Start date
S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thinking it would be nice to have a movie for my granddaughter to watch on her next visit to my home, I purchased 101 Dalmatians from the iTunes Store for $19.99. It took almost an hour to download, after which I discovered that I can not get this movie to show on my HT even with HDMI (no sound). Of course I could buy an AppleTV @ $149.99; but still, it appears, taking that route I would not have better than Stereo sound. At any rate, today, I purchase a Blu-Ray of the movie at Best Buy's for $19.99. It comes with a DVD; plus, an HD Digital download. Makes me think buying the physical disc is the still the way to go for movie purchases.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
No question that's still the way to go. You can rip it if you have the right stuff and have it archived digitally, while always having a (nearly) non-volatile backup.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
When it comes to owning a movie, I'll always go for a physical copy over something downloaded from the net. ...every time.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Yes, but "by law" you don't actually own a download. Only physical media.

DJ

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
My incident made me rethink I might as well reconsider buying CD's instead of downloading music.

D

Dreko

Enthusiast
I have dowloaded movie from I tunes before. And yes you will need a apple tv to watch it on your main screen. But movies are dowloading in dolby digital. Now if I really like a movie like the new star wars I'll buy it on blue ray to make sure that i have the best sound and picture quality.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I generally go for the physical disc, and if it has an HD download attached with it, so much the better.

For my sob story, I purchase season passes for the Star Wars: Rebels cartoons since I watch that with the family regularly. Season 1 was as expected, so I purchased Season 2 early on. However, recently Disney decided to split Season 2 into two parts. Some of that is understandable, with Season 1 having 13 episodes and Season 2 now being projected to have ~20 episodes. At the same time, there was no mention of the split until January of this year, which ticked a lot of fans off. Given that the more recent episodes suck anyway, I'm not in a big rush to purchase the second half of the season.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis