speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
2x4 means it has 2 imputs, 4 outputs.

REW measures RTA, distortion, waterfall plots, has calibration tones and pink noise check it out- I bought software from another company and use REW because it does more, works better and they have more info about how to use it.

You already have room correction in the 6009- after running Audyssey, you can make changes manually.

Is this for stereo, or surround?

You still want to make sure the REW software knows what you have and the Umic has calibration curves.
Yeah, REW is going to be quite helpful. But, is the Mini DSP/UMIK1 good enough? REW measures the response whereas the MIni DSP actually corrects it right? With the UMIK being Usb I have read that I do NOT have to calibrate my sound card, no?

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Okay folks just went into some of my settings. The firmware says 1500-6390-3021. Tried the update feature and it keeps saying connection failed. But, I checked and it says my SR6009 is connected to my network via wired(ethernet) connection.

Have used BT to play Pandora from my desk top through my avr. And, I have played a few internet radio stations through my avr. As such, it is certainly connected to my network. Found the IP address and the MAC address. So, why does it say connection failed when I try to update the firmware?

I can easily do more with the included remote than I can with the Marantz App. This is really strange to me. Is it a Time Warner issue? I am NOT even sure how new that firmware update is?

Cheers,

Phil

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
What do you see when you type the IP address in your web browser? Try it on your desktop and your tablet.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It says my SR6009 is connected via wired connection. I am using my own cable modem for my internet and the Time Warner modem for my land-line. Was told I could save money by buying my own modem so I did. Funny things is, I am still using the Time Warner one I had but for my land-line. Does NOT make much sense to me. But, hey am now saving $10 a month.

I will try to do all the updates that I can. Seems like when I tried before, it said no service. Will get to it later today. Got plans this morning. Also, will get back to YOU. Thanks for YOUR help.

Cheers,

Phil
Do you have anything that you could connect to the router you're using for the Marantz? If you can't connect to the internet, you need to look at the configuration. I also think we need to define some things- you have a modem from T-W for land-line and another that you wrote is used for your internet. That's how it's supposed to be- the phone modem is a separate piece in their system. Assuming you have a splitter on the coax coming into the house, your internet modem should be from Netgear, Arris, Motorola, etc and have a group of LEDs that show status. Make sure they're all illuminated. Also, this should have four ports, which makes it a router because it distributes IP addresses. The Marantz needs to connect to the local network, not the internet.

Have you tested the cable that connects the Marantz to your network? If you go into the network section of the Marantz setup, it should allow DHCP or Static address- select DHCP and see what it does. If you don't get an IP address, I would move the Marantz to the router and try another cable. If it still doesn't show an address, do a hard reset and try again. The reset will also reset the network card. You should then be able to see an IP address on the Marantz. If not, verify the cable and if it still doesn't work, I would call Marantz.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Okay here is the 3-way splitter that I am using:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291626320975?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It comes from the wall to the in of the splitter. Then, I connect to the same cable box I was using for all of my services. But now, it is only used for my land-line phone. Here is the one I purchased to use for my Internet:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331450192539?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

As far as I can tell everything is working just fine. I ran network diagnostics on the avr and here is what it said:

Physical Connection OK
Router Access OK
Internet Access OK

So, I ran Network Maintenance Mode:

Error: Port Open
Could Not Open Port

It was set to auto but it said to set it to manual and run again so I did. Same result. I am so not a computer guy....LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
What do you see when you type the IP address in your web browser? Try it on your desktop and your tablet.
Okay I typed the address into my browser. It says something about WHOIS report. That a good sign? It says Registrar
IANA

Status
Assigned

What else do you want to know? I am like lost here....LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I was never a big fan of the Marantz remotes, I always like the Yamaha ones back in the day. I have three Harmony One remotes and just do the one button function on basic tasks

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
If you are seeing a whois then it is not seeing that on the network. What IP address did it give you?

highfigh

highfigh

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291626320975?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It comes from the wall to the in of the splitter. Then, I connect to the same cable box I was using for all of my services. But now, it is only used for my land-line phone. Here is the one I purchased to use for my Internet:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331450192539?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

As far as I can tell everything is working just fine. I ran network diagnostics on the avr and here is what it said:

Physical Connection OK
Router Access OK
Internet Access OK

Could Not Open Port

It was set to auto but it said to set it to manual and run again so I did. Same result. I am so not a computer guy....LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil
Turn the Marantz power off and unplug the power cord and ethernet cable, then unplug the router's power cord and let it sit for about a minute. After a minute, reconnect the router's power cord and wait until all of the LEDs are on and/or flashing green. Once that happens, connect the Marantz power cord and turn it on before plugging in the ethernet cable. You should see the little LEDs flashing on the Marantz and on the router. Look in the network setup and set it to Auto and/or DHCP- it should show an IP address. If it has a Network Standby (or Stdby), turn that on, too. This is what allows you to turn it on using the IP app or browser when it's not turned on.

If you aren't using all three of the ports on the splitter, put a cap on the open one- it matters and the splitter may have come with one.

You have a cable coming into the house- are both modems in the same area?

Can you connect a computer to the cable at the end where the Marantz is located? Does that cable go to a wall plate or is it one piece of cable with the ends on it? Did it come with ends, or did someone put them on at your house?

If you can't be sure the cable works, try WiFi if your tablet can connect to the internet.

If your computer is turned on, click on Start, look for the This Computer icon at the left and click on it. You'll see an icon that shows 'Network'- click on that and look for all of the equipment connected to it. If the Marantz doesn't show, I would move it to the area with the computer and plug it into the router. If you use the Marantz's manual to set up the networking, it should connect as long as the cable is good and the Marantz has no problems. You can look at the router port that connects to the Marantz- each port near any ethernet port has two small LEDs and they will flash if data is being transmitted and received. They should flash and if the Marantz connects to the network, you should see it in the computer's screen with anything else on the network.

highfigh

highfigh

Physical Connection OK
Router Access OK
Internet Access OK

Could Not Open Port

Cheers,

Phil
So, the Marantz has an ethernet cable that's connected to the Arris router, right? Was the Arris new? Your computer is connected to it and working, right? Did you do any setup for it?

If you move the Marantz to the Arris router and use the same ethernet cable being used by the computer, it should work. If not, the Marantz has a problem internally, or in the setup.

Your computer should work using any of the four ports on the Arris- if any don't work, something is set up incorrectly and it may be necessary to reset the router to its default, especially if you didn't get a new one and you didn't create the WiFi name/settings. You can also connect the existing Marantz ethernet cable to Port 1 of the Arris to see if that makes a difference. If this works and none of the other three work, the Arris needs to be reconfigured.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

If you are seeing a whois then it is not seeing that on the network. What IP address did it give you?
If it received an address and it shows 'whois', I bet it will start with 169.xxx.xxx.xxx

If he's using Port 1 on the Arris for the computer and none of the others work, it sounds like it may have been used and set up as a modem only, with a different router for all of the other tasks. In this case, NAT is disabled and IIRC, only port 1 works. Unfortunately, I can't verify this because I won't be going to my customer's house where I did this for their network.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Okay, I typed in the address again and it took me to a Marantz SR6009 page. I scrolled through there and went into firmware and clicked on update. It now is on a page that says:
Upload New Firmware
Airplay Firmware Version: 9766.1102.0 Choose File: No File Chosen

No matter what I do I can NOT get it off this screen. Have powered it off several times and the avr will allow me to turn on tuner, but when I type in the IP address it goes right back to that Firmware page. It something wrong? How can I get it off this page?

Cheers,

Phil

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
That sounds like a browser cache issue. When you type the IP is it adding more to the path than the IP? If so delete the extra info and press enter. You could also clear your cache on the browser and see if that helps.

Updating the firmware is not going to fix any of the issues you are having for what I can see. This is more a network configuration issue within your house. Try typing that ip address in the browser on the tablet and does it go to the AVR's page?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
So, the Marantz has an ethernet cable that's connected to the Arris router, right? Was the Arris new? Your computer is connected to it and working, right? Did you do any setup for it?

If you move the Marantz to the Arris router and use the same ethernet cable being used by the computer, it should work. If not, the Marantz has a problem internally, or in the setup.

Your computer should work using any of the four ports on the Arris- if any don't work, something is set up incorrectly and it may be necessary to reset the router to its default, especially if you didn't get a new one and you didn't create the WiFi name/settings. You can also connect the existing Marantz ethernet cable to Port 1 of the Arris to see if that makes a difference. If this works and none of the other three work, the Arris needs to be reconfigured.
The cable comes out of the wall into a 3-way splitter. Then, it goes to an Arris Time Warner Box that is used for my land-line phone. The second out goes into the cable Arris modem/router that I bought refurbished. The third out goes to a Time Warner Samsung DVR. So, all (3) out are taken.

My computer is NOT connected to my Wifi via ethernet. It is connected wirelessly. Now, when I scroll to do a firmware update all it does is try to connect from what I can tell. It never seems to stop circling. Any idea why? It was saying connection failed. Now all it does it circle?

Cheers,

Phil

highfigh

highfigh

The cable comes out of the wall into a 3-way splitter. Then, it goes to an Arris Time Warner Box that is used for my land-line phone. The second out goes into the cable Arris modem/router that I bought refurbished. The third out goes to a Time Warner Samsung DVR. So, all (3) out are taken.

My computer is NOT connected to my Wifi via ethernet. It is connected wirelessly. Now, when I scroll to do a firmware update all it does is try to connect from what I can tell. It never seems to stop circling. Any idea why? It was saying connection failed. Now all it does it circle?

Cheers,

Phil
Can you connect to the WiFi using your tablet?

Did you reboot the modem?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
That sounds like a browser cache issue. When you type the IP is it adding more to the path than the IP? If so delete the extra info and press enter. You could also clear your cache on the browser and see if that helps.

Updating the firmware is not going to fix any of the issues you are having for what I can see. This is more a network configuration issue within your house. Try typing that ip address in the browser on the tablet and does it go to the AVR's page?
Yeah, it did that the first time I typed the address into the browser. Then, it took me to a page that said Marantz SR6009. I went from there into the Firmware to update and now it is stuck on a page that says:

Upload New Firmware Chose File No File Chosen
Airplay Firmware Version: 9766.1102.0

No matter what I do I can NOT get it off of that page. At first, it looked like a manual for the avr. So, I am very confused as always....LOL.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Can you connect to the WiFi using your tablet?

Did you reboot the modem?
Okay, just booted up my tablet and it is on the exact same page as on my desk top. It says:
Update New Firmware
Airplay Firmware Verson: s9766.1102.0 Choose File No File Chosen

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Just opened up the Marantz app and it is NOT showing the Marantz SR6009 like it did before. So, I typed the IP address in and it says the IP address is invalid. I am certainly confused now.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Okay I have unplugged the modem and the avr, as well as, the ethernet cable. Waited a couple on minutes, then I plugged the modem back up and gave it time to reboot. Then, I plugged the avr back and turned it on. Lastly, I plugged the erthernet cable back into the avr. Also, rebooted my tablet and it connected to my Wifi but i typed in the IP address for the avr and it says invalid. Not looking good at this pint and I am becoming very frustrated to say the least. Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Okay folks, I now have the avr connected to my Wifi. It does NOT say anything about ethernet now even though I have it connected. Not sure why that is. I also noticed there is a small change in the IP address. Typed the new IP address into my browser and it took me to a Marantz SR6009 page. Funny things in, it also says Denon X4100W......LOL!!!!! I tried to update the firmware and it once again said connection failed. Going to try my tablet and see what happens. Will let you all know shortly. Thanks for all of YOUR help. As YOU can easily see, I am NOT a computer person.

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis