lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
The underground tour and glass exibit were definitely the highlight of our trip there. That said it wasn't nearly as fun as Hawaii or the RoadTrip to see TLS.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I thought the thread was named Seattle Titttttttts....I'm out......

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Our biggest disappointment was the Seattle Premium Outlets ... not a high variety of products and overpriced, we rented a car just in order to get there and realized that we should have saved the money for car rental and better spent the money doing other things in Seattle and Bellevue Area... The shops at Bellevue Center was also not exactly what we expected.

Nice to visit Microsoft, Redmond, Bellevue, Seattle :p
Yeah, in the US, the outlet shops have gone from being viable ways to get rid of overstock or returned items to basically mini-stores without great deals. Sad, but they still get the name in and people go to them to shop so it's become a profit center. I generally avoid them unless it's the closest store for what I want.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Also to be noted, various manufacturers such as Coach create lines of products that are only sold in these outlet stores and can only be returned there of somewhat diminished quality. Was different in the old days and by that I mean the 60's and early 70's.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I will be at the Bellevue Hyatt Regency much of next week through the weekend for Wintergrass, a music festival where I run sound at one of the stages. It's an awesome place to stay and I hope you enjoyed your trip to Seattle/Bellevue.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
We had extremely high hopes goin to Hyatt Regency Bellevue, it’s a very good hotel and so it should be at this price, I got a discounted price of $262,- per night and were somewhat surprised that breakfast was not included. Mostly any hi-level hotel in Europe would include breakfast… but then again maybe this is merely reflecting a difference between Europe and US. Although at $262 per night you should be able to demand a lot, and I think Hyatt somewhat fails to deliver at this level.

There was a case about private property were taken our room by the staff cleaners. (I call it theft) When addressing this to the staff at hotel reception they were not at all dealing with this and I essentially had to go to the manager of operations to make something happen, and even so it took several days until we got our things back. Not what you expect from a hotel at any level, and certainly not a high class hotel.

I am sorry to say that I find the service level to be somewhat inferior to the high-class hotels in which we stayed in Europe, especially in Switzerland, Sweden, Austria and Germany you won’t ever find any of these issues that I was so unfortunate to have.

But all in all it’s a nice hotel with nice rooms, the lobby is really nice and at least the staff is smiling.

Me and my wife enjoyed the stay at Hyatt Regency, but not as much as we hoped for indeed…
(My company took main part of the bill :))

You should try the Irish death at 13 coins within the hotel premises, the food there was not superior but the beer is. Our favorite restaurant was Seastar.

It's very likely that I will be back to Bellevue/Redmond as I work closely with Microsoft and a lot of the activities, at least this time, were centered around the requirement that you had to stay at Hyatt Regency, which is fine.

Probably it's much about matching reality with expectations and if I go with somewhat lower expectations I won't be disappointed staying at Hyatt Regency :)

Last edited:
Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
It is kind of an odd thing that higher end hotels generally offer fewer free amenities than cheaper ones. I don't expect free breakfast in a 4 star hotel mainly because I've never stayed in one that offered it. It is interesting to me that these higher end hotels in Europe include more amenities in the price. I hope to travel abroad some day and see for myself.

Irish Death is one of my favorite beers. It is brewed east of the mountains in Washington in a college town (of course). For anyone that likes a dark beer I can highly recommend!

By Thursday of this coming week this is what the lobby, hallways, elevators, and pretty much every corner of the Hyatt will look like:

Always a fun time.

Last edited:
Cosmic Char

Cosmic Char

Audioholic
Hi Guys

So it seems like I may going to Redmond towards end of January on a business trip, and I never been to that part of US before; I am planning for some extra days in addition to the business side of things in Redmond...

Apart from the good tips that may be on tripadvisor.com, do any of you guys have any nice suggestions for the Seattle area, maybe what I am first and foremost thinking of could be good audio places where I can get exposure to some really nice systems... I am a 2 channel music guy, don't care at all about HT and 5.1.

Or anything else spectacular that I may not find on the regular sites like tripadvisor and lonelyplanet.

It seems like Seattle in January may be really bl#¤% cold and brisk, even for a Norwegian o_O

Cheers

Harald
I did not read this entire thread, but you MUST go to the EMP museum. It is heavy on Jimmy Hendrix, as the man who started/donated most of the material was a huge Hendrix fan. Well worth the trip!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis