what are you drinking right now ?

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
I helped a customer with mixed case of wine last weekend and she brought me a tip yesterday. :eek::D:D:D:D:D

View attachment 17564

She brought me five bottles and I shared two with my co workers. The rest are for me. Well, I'll give a bottle to my neighbor and may let my wife have one. Maybe......
Pliny is definitely worth the hype. This is a fantastic beer.

I'm very fortunate to have gotten these.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/863/7971/[/QUOTE
My store had it Thursday. Limit of one as usual, but we get it pretty regularly. Saving mine for game time tomorrow.
Go Broncos!!

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Finally got the Hopslam and some others. Our distributor for Prairie said the barrel aged bomb will be at our store early next week. Looking forward to it!

Here's what's in the fridge. Had a Hopslam tonight. Loved it!!

View attachment 17502

Oscar
Blues Pinner (can), New Belgium Citradelic (bottle), Six Point Resin (cans), and Hopslam (cans).

The New Belgium Citradelic was okay. By okay, I mean I would not drink it again. 6% ABV, watery, bitter, not very good in my opinion.
Oscar Blues Pinner is delicious. 4.9% ABV, Easy to drink and just tastes good. A very nice IPA. As they say, it's the perfect beer for a little sip, sip, give. ;)

My favorite IPA, Six Point Resin! 9.10 ABV. Delicious! Find it. Buy it. Drink it. Repeat! Seriously, find it, buy it, drink it. A fantastic beer.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10607/77299/

And then there's Hopslam. 10% ABV. Delicious. Maybe not worth the $17.00 price but pretty good. A customer told me that it's $20.00 at Whole Foods!! :eek: Only in cans this year.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/287/17112/
Finally tried the Citradelic today- very good for the summery IPA class- wish these Brewers would bring these styles out in the spring/ summer timeframe rather than dead o' winter.
Go Broncos!!

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I'd have to drink em back to back or alongside each other to fairly compare them, but I am pretty sure I enjoy the barrel aged beers more than their standard counterparts :)

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I'd have to drink em back to back or alongside each other to fairly compare them, but I am pretty sure I enjoy the barrel aged beers more than their standard counterparts :)
Damn. You must have failed recess, because you don't play!

I'll be drinking one of my barrel aged Prairie Bombs tonight.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I just really enjoy belgian strong dark ales, tripels, quads, porters, stouts, imperial stouts, etc :D Barrel aged (and normally aged) ones are just extra awesome :D

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I really need to buy a chest freezer and a temp regulator so I can properly store/age beers. I've had a few just hanging out in my pantry for a year or three and I know it's not the best way to store em.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I really need to buy a chest freezer and a temp regulator so I can properly store/age beers. I've had a few just hanging out in my pantry for a year or three and I know it's not the best way to store em.

I'm not sure you need to do that. We keep our more expensive wines in a temp. and humidity controlled room because it slows down the aging process. With beer, the temp/humidity control isn't as important. That's according to my 'beer geek' co workers. And I trust these guys 100%.
Around Thanksgiving of last year a customer brought in some Goose Island KBS from 2009 and 2010. They were delicious. He just left them in his basement.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'm not sure you need to do that. We keep our more expensive wines in a temp. and humidity controlled room because it slows down the aging process. With beer, the temp/humidity control isn't as important. That's according to my 'beer geek' co workers. And I trust these guys 100%.
Around Thanksgiving of last year a customer brought in some Goose Island KBS from 2009 and 2010. They were delicious. He just left them in his basement.
Down here in Texas, it gets brutal hot over the summers. So, leaving beer in your closet where there is no AC vent and likely has an outside wall, the beer can easily get above 75F or more. Absolutely not ideal storage situation for beer or wine. The beer may taste fine, but you may also lose the subtle nuances of the flavors.

In Tx, we rarely have a basement either.

So, controlled storage may not be absolutely necessary for all beer styles, but it is still a good idea. I have many beer snob friends that do controlled storage for long-term aging of beers. And, realize that when you live in the deep south, it is much more useful than it would be north of Texas.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Like slippery said, it gets very warm here in TX. Unfortunately I do not have a basement or cellar. The beers were not stored along an outside wall, but they have definitely been warm. There were even a couple periods where my ac failed in the summer and the house temp was well into the 90s. What I plan on doing going forward is to just drink all the old beers I have, dump the ones that taste funny, and don't store beer outside of the fridge for more than a couple weeks or months. I've got a dozen or so bombers that are months to years old that I need to go through relatively soon. I hope they all taste good :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis