Finally coming together

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I loaded it on my Mini in the living room a bit ago. It now shows DTS-HD 7.1 where it didn't before. However, on my Mac, I need to disable "pass-through" in order to get 7.1. It, and TrueHD, come across as PCM - but at least it shows up as 7.1. Granted, I don't know if it's the original 7.1 track or some mixed version out of Kodi...but it's a start. :)
I dug a little deeper and what Kodi is doing is decoding the DTS HDMA and then sending it as LPCM. This is apparently a workaround in 16 and supposedly the results are indistinguishable. There are rumors that DTS HDMA will be fully supported in 17.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Phew. That photo is SO much better than I thought it would be. And so much worse than Alex had hoped. :D
I liked it! But then, I like it any time someone can tie things down correctly!

It's the 12 years of two wheels only coming out of me...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I think that we might be having two different conversations...although wood appears to be a universal theme.

I sense a great disturbance in the Innuendo.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I think that we might be having two different conversations...although wood appears to be a universal theme.

I sense a great disturbance in the Innuendo.
I was keeping it clean, can't post those old pics ;-)

But I'll tell ya this once, and once only:

20' of climbing rope (its softer to the touch)
Fold it in half
From center, tie two slip knots, 12-14 inches in diameter, two feet from center on each side
Under the blanket, lay the two knots facing towards the foot of the bed
Pass each end of the rope under the mattress so they cross before exiting at the head where;
You will make two more slip knots with each end of the rope, large enough for the person's hands
Seduce your mate passionately, throwing them on the bed keeping their arms ABOVE their head
Keep them distracted (by any means necessary) while you slide the knots over their hands, don't worry about tightening them, they will do that themselves.
Repeat with feet
Enjoy!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Got bored and thought I'd see where I stood SPL-wise with the basement system. This is with only the Front L/R and subs with 1812 overture. Peak was during the big cannon shot. Not bad. I think I could have done better, but I'd rather not blow a tweeter right before the Superbowl. Maybe I'll try with full surround sound later. I believe my previous best was like 112-113 from the LP.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
(I know this is not a normal listening level for you, I'm jus sayin')

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
(I know this is not a normal listening level for you, I'm jus sayin')
For movies it is. I generally watch movies at reference playback if I'm by myself (-5 - 0). I've even conditioned the GF to tolerate up to (-12) - (-8) range for most movies. That puts peaks in the 105-108 range when I'm by myself.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
For movies it is. I generally watch movies at reference playback if I'm by myself (-5 - 0). I've even conditioned the GF to tolerate up to (-12) - (-8) range for most movies. That puts peaks in the 105-108 range when I'm by myself.
Will bring ear plugs... ;-)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Super 8 train crash scene played back on the surround setup. I'm not sure at what point I'd end up blowing a breaker, a driver or running out of juice from the wall, but the receiver goes to +18.0.

+5.0

+8.0

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis