speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, lately I just can't seem to get enough of the Robin Hood soundtrack. It is mostly instrumental and I just love it. Really sounds good on my Polks. Here is a link:

In school, I used to be in the band. I started on trumpet, but later switched to baritone. Later, I also marched baritone. Absolutely love marching band. As such, it is no surprise that I love the Robin Hood soundtrack. Check it out as it is fantastic!

When it comes to marching band, I really enjoy watching BOA (Bands of America) Regionals. But, when it comes to high school marching bands this is about as good as it gets. Check this out:

Wow! ALL of the elements are there: Visual Effect, Music Effect, Marching and Maneuvering, Exceptional Guard Work, Percussion, and etc. Tarpon Springs was the 2014 BOA Grand Nationals Champion. Have no doubts that, if Tarpon had went to the 2015 Grand Nationals, they once again would have won it ALL!

Just curious if any of YOU was in band AND what instrument did YOU play? Did any of YOU march? Do Drum Corps?

Cheers,

Phil

Goodband

Goodband

Audioholic
I was and played Clarinet

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I was and played Clarinet

Awesome! Glad to hear it! What did YOU think of Tarpon Springs? I am like WOW!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Here is a much better video of Tarpon Springs for any of YOU that might be interested:

Just find this amazing!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
They are great!!

I agree 100%! BTW, did YOU march as well? Always thought marching band was a lot of fun. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Phil

Goodband

Goodband

Audioholic
I agree 100%! BTW, did YOU march as well? Always thought marching band was a lot of fun. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Phil
No we didn't have a marching band at my high school

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
No we didn't have a marching band at my high school

Marching band was so much fun. Especially, if YOUR band wins. Just have so many memories from that time. Ever listen to the Robin Hood soundtrack linked above? I find it so soothing. Just curious is all.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, Michael Kamen wrote the Robin Hood soundtrack. Decided to do a bit of research on him. Holy smokes this guy was amazing! He worked with Pink Floyd's The Wall. To this very day, that is MY favorite album of all time.

Also discovered that Michael worked on the Metallica S&M project in 1999. Sadly, he passed away in 2003. Michael will surely be missed. Here is a link for anyone that may be interested:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Kamen

What an incredible talent that truly touched the world!

Cheers,

Phil

Goodband

Goodband

Audioholic
Marching band was so much fun. Especially, if YOUR band wins. Just have so many memories from that time. Ever listen to the Robin Hood soundtrack linked above? I find it so soothing. Just curious is all.

Cheers,

Phil
I had never listened to the soundtraxk before ... just did it this morning and I must admit thait it is pretty good! Thanks foe sharing

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I had never listened to the soundtraxk before ... just did it this morning and I must admit thait it is pretty good! Thanks foe sharing

Great! Very happy to do so. What blows my mind is that just how talented Michael Kamen really was. I listen to THE WALL every single day. It never gets old. Most of the time, I also listen to the Robin Hood soundtrack. It is just amazing as I never knew that Michael had such an impressive resume!

Cheers,

Phil

IT Man

IT Man

Enthusiast
I agree, they are great. He is indeed talented! I can't get enough of these!

To answer your question, I was in a band before. I used to play drums! </3

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord

Great. Glad YOU like them. Drummer, eh? Been known to slap the sticks a little bit....LOL!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
For anyone that may be interested here is Broken Arrow the 2015 Bands of America Grand Nationals Champion. Holy smokes are they ever good. Oh that sound is amazing! If you like them let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks!

Very talented group of kids. The guard is amazing and the drum line is ever so impressive! But, what gets me the most is that concert sound-WOW! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord

A snare player perhaps? I have been known to slap a few sticks every now and then....LOL!!!! But, I am NOTHING like this guy:

Holy smokes is Neil ever good! Best of the best imho.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis