almen74

almen74

Audiophyte
Hi guys.
My room dimensions are 9'Hx15'Wx14'D.
I have two Polk Audio TSx 550T for my front speakers.
My center speaker is Polk Audio TSx150C (thinking to get TSx 250C instead).
I have two Polk Audio PSW110 sub woofers.
For surround speakers I am using some cheap 100 Watts RSM in-ceiling speakers (8ohm 50 Hz - 20,000 Hz)
My receiver is Sony STR-DN1040 7.2 Channel 165W x 7.
I have a question regarding my sub-woofer placements. Are these placements OK, since I do not have any other place to put them.
Also, in the near future I will be replacing my Sony receiver with the Atmos/DTS:X capable receiver. Any suggestions on what should I consider buying next?
Thanks,

PolkAudio.jpg

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
Do you like how it all sounds? If that is the only place you can put them, then do not be worried about placement. Sometimes one has to go with what is available. All that matters is that you like it. A new receiver will not change the sound very much. Peace and goodwill.

J

Jaybeez

Junior Audioholic
I run an all-Polk AV setup and recently moved my PSW350 sub off the floor and onto my media stand. Getting it about 4 inches off the ground has made a major (positive) difference in sound. Bass is much tighter and less boomy. Might be worth a try.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
If you like the Polk sound, then go with Polk for surrounds. I run the older Lsi series for my HT and love them.

DJ

almen74

almen74

Audiophyte
I run an all-Polk AV setup and recently moved my PSW350 sub off the floor and onto my media stand. Getting it about 4 inches off the ground has made a major (positive) difference in sound. Bass is much tighter and less boomy. Might be worth a try.
What kind of floor do you have and is this on the first or second floor?
Thanks,

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You need to put an area rug on that wood floor. I think that will improve the sound the most.

F

felipe

Audioholic
First of all, welcome almen74. You have a nice setup :).
+1 on putting an area rug there..that will reduce some of the reflections.
As far as sub placement, where they are at should provide the best blending with your mains and center. If you can, put some sort of a small bath rug or carpeting underneath those subs too..that will take care of the "boominess" if there is any ;). I've owned the PSW110 before, and that helped significantly in my case.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
When my son and his fiancé carpeted the room for their HT (covering vinyl composite tile floor), that was the single biggest improvement to sound quality, period. It transformed the room from gymnasium-like acoustics to something really quite pleasing.

I would never expect you to do anything with those beautiful hardwood floors other than treat them to a good thick area rug with pad.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis