What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

H

hankki

Junior Audioholic
I got a great deal on this already low priced lens. 135 US$ including Finnish 24% tax

EF50.jpg

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Last weekend, I bought Warehouse 13 and Stargate Atlantis blu-ray sets from Amazon UK. You can pre-order Warehouse 13 from Amazon for $200...or buy it for about $80 from the UK and get it before it's released here in the States. I put off buying it for a couple of weeks because I wasn't sure I wanted it that much, but then decided to splurge.

H

hankki

Junior Audioholic
nifty fifty ? Ehh - nice deal is glass is in good shape
http://improvephotography.com/30680/3-reasons-nifty-fifty-second-thing-buy/

I got 35mm f1.8G Nikkor for my Nikon D90 body, considering the crop, the result is same 50mm :)
Glass is in really good shape, it's brand new :)
I was thinking about something between 28-35 but since I also started with my dad's old EOS with film I wanted a 50 on that. Otherwise I have 18-200, tamron 90 macro and Canon 70-200/2.8 and a 2x converter so I have 18-400 covered.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
So are you using that lens on the Canon EOS 7D in the photo or a full-frame Canon? If on that one shown, you've now got a fast short telephoto, good for waist-up portraits and full pet photos and more, plus the low-light applications.

I have an AF-Nikkor 50/1.4 from my full-frame days and like having it.

H

hankki

Junior Audioholic
So are you using that lens on the Canon EOS 7D in the photo or a full-frame Canon? If on that one shown, you've now got a fast short telephoto, good for waist-up portraits and full pet photos and more, plus the low-light applications.

I have an AF-Nikkor 50/1.4 from my full-frame days and like having it.
Nokia Lumia 1020 :D for the lens/camera shot. The lens on the 7DmkII in the shot is the Tamron 90 macro, new model with VC.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I have an old Tamron Manual 2.5 dang sharp and cheap. :) How do you like the 7DII?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Congrats. Which model?
Thanks, it's the S5500. Was about to go with the 3500, but figured there still might come a day when I get the 3D running on the JVC. The Oppo made it safely to @KEW and I wanted to be able to back up the HTPC in case anything didn't rip correctly.

The other issue I've been having is that for some titles, if there is separate main track with the director commentary, it defaults to that track and I can't get the main track to play. I've only got two choices, re-rip and select the main track or switch back and forth between the settings on Kodi, where you can select "play main title" or "show BD menu". I'm still experimenting to see what works best. Plus I've some titles rip with errors and skips. I've only watched about 15% of the titles I've ripped, but so far about 7% of those I've needed to re-rip due to errors or the issue listed above. (IOW watched 41 title's, about 3 needed fixing)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Dude, you've ripped a lot of movies!
Yea, like 205 or something like that. I'm still about 30 movies short. I have about 4TB free, but I'm saving that for regular computing stuff. I'd like to get a 6TB drive to finish off the movie collection and have some extra room left over. I ended up skipping the handbrake step and have all movies full size.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Blind buy. Hope it is good. Did not pop the extra $10 for the 3D on this one, though the review says it is good.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Blind buy. Hope it is good. Did not pop the extra $10 for the 3D on this one, though the review says it is good.
I just watched it this weekend and now wish I'd caught it at the theater.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm watching that right now. Almost to the end. I don't know, I'm enjoying it. Certainly more than the 6.9 IMDB or 64% rotten tomatoes scores.

As you guys probably have predicted!! :rolleyes: :p

H

hankki

Junior Audioholic
. :) How do you like the 7DII?
Main reason for upgrading was the ISO capabilities in my old 40D and for that I'm very satisfied. During post processing it feals also that the levers in Lightroom are working better, probably the higher DR. When it comes to speed I have not really had the chance to really give it a hard time yet.
The "negative" side is the increased RAW file size that gives my 4,5 year old PC a hard time but that means I have something to throw money in next :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis