What are you reading right now?

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Finished Flash Boys by Michael Lewis a couple of days ago. If you always thought the stock market is rigged, this will confirm it for you. I'd say it's analogous to the moving "click me" button prank. He writes it like a mystery, with the characters peeling back a spoiled onion.
Michael Lewis was on The Daily Show plugging that book the other night. Did you see it?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

N

Nestor

Senior Audioholic
Michael Lewis was on The Daily Show plugging that book the other night. Did you see it?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
Yes I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I've been trying to start reading Pandora's Star, but can't seem to find the time :(

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I highly recommend Lone Survivor, great book.
Hey fuzzy, PM me and let me know what you thought.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Let me know what you think of S Freakonomics.
I've read the original and liked it.
Lone Survivor is on my list.
I still haven't forgotten this and I've been slogging my way through, not because its bad or not interesting, but because I was working on the sub and now its getting nice so I'm outside on the bike :D. Over halfway though. I'll make a push to finish this weekend.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I'm re-reading The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. It's about a boy whose family is murdered when he's a toddler. He winds up in a graveyard where the ghost of his freshly departed mother begs the ghosts inhabiting the graveyard to keep him safe. So he's adopted by ghosts, educated by people who lived hundreds of years ago, learning such subjects as copperplate cursive and how to haunt, and protected and provided for by a vampiric figure.

Each chapter is episodic with its own satisfying resolution. The chapters tie together to make a clever, thoroughly enjoyable story. You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll be on the edge of your seat with suspense. I highly recommend it.

F

FourTwo

Audiophyte
Robert A Heinlein's Friday. Currently on a Heinlein binge.

Don't judge me.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Walt Whitman Leaves Of Grass. There are a bunch of Paperback edition versions. Which one do you all suggest?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Deciding between Sherlock Holmes and Moby lord helmet. I figured I'd try rereading some of the classics to see if I have any more appreciation for them compared to as a teen.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Finished Tanya Huff's "An Ancient Peace" three weeks ago
Finished James S A Corey's "Cibola Burn" (Book 4 of the expanse series) a week ago
Finished yesterday Terry Brook's "Magic Kingdom FOr sale-Sold!"
Started reading Terry Brook's "Wards of the Faerie" first book of the The Dark Legacy of Shannara trilogy

My apologies for my reading history. I forgot to update this thread every time I started a new book. :oops:

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Finished first three Dexter series by Jeff lindsay of eight. Much better than TV show. So funny.

Also read first two five Kingdom series by Brandon Mull.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I recently discovered the Daniel Silva Gabriel Allon series and I'm hooked. My favorite still is Harry Bosch.
Dave

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Neil Gaiman: The Ocean At the End Of the Lane

I've only read the first chapter so far. I couldn't tell you what it's about yet, but I dig a lot of Neil Gaiman's stuff.
What did you think? I might get a used copy.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
What did you think? I might get a used copy.
It was decent -- not entirely memorable, but I didn't hate it. You might be happier with Stardust if you come across a used copy for cheap.

I'm re-reading Christopher Paolini's Inheritance series at the moment. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis